Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I could see a scenario where the rest of the family uncovers Jack and Gloria's affair and decides to host an intervention of sorts.  Jack, of course, would be resistant to the idea of ending things with Gloria (even though, deep down, he knows they're right) and ends up popping the question.  That's when Dina shows up -- for the wedding, and then stays a bit longer after realizing her son isn't entirely over Phyllis (who is now with Ravi, whom Ashley is pining for).

• Members

It truly is too bad. Wish they could undue all JFP did.

I can't with Gloria being involved with Jack. I am having such a difficult time believing they would go there when he was always so disgusted by her.

I LOVE Jordan much better than Cane...He seems to have a better chemistry with Lily. Cane is so blah, not sexy at all. I just can't understand what they see in Cane. He did much worse than most characters. He gaslit Lily so bad and he pretended to be Phillip but besides that I think he is sleazy.

Neil needs a good woman. I had hopes for Leslie I always thought Nia Long as a part of the soap and a good character she would be an excellent match for Neil...Not to mention she can act and also is so beautiful.

Lauren is over the top with that acting. She also dresses trashy and not sexy which is a huge difference. There is also age appropriate sexy as well. Her hair looks weird too.

• Members

I'm actually enjoying Y&R and its characters. Surprised at all the negativity, but I guess you can't please everyone.

The stories right now are mostly background, and I think the writers are still trying to map out what they want to do long-term. The truth is SS is it for Y&R. After her, there will be no more Y&R IMO. I think that's why CBS brought her back, kind of like a swan song. They'll give Y&R maybe another 2-3 years, and trust that Sally will give the Y&R fans the ending they need. 

I see a lot of hate for Gloria and Judith Chapman, and for me Gloria has added some excitement/humor to the show again. She is not eating the show like when she first started. Yes, the actress is over the top (but sometimes I miss the theatrics of say Liz Hubbard), but I think this time around it works. Chapman and Bergman seem to really enjoy working together, and have become great screen partners. 

I'm actually liking Victor. After the over the top antics, I like that the writers have toned him down and put him in the background for now.

If Keemo ever returns, it's best they undo him being Jack's son.

The writing for Victoria is actually decent these days, but Amelia Heinle is just low energy. It would be great if Chapman could give her just 10% of hers. I also must say the introduction of Reed and writing for him has been good too.

• Members

I had the show on in the background while I was doing some things around the house.  But yes, she did.  It's bad.  Really bad.

I fail to see what TPTB see in the Colin character and his relationship with Jill.  It wasn't good under MAB.  Forgotten about under JFP.  And now this.  It's really a disservice to Jill and IMO a better story would be her and Jack.  

Its past time Colin and his spawn go back Down Under.

Archived