Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Nick and Phyllis were shameless, but Nick wasn't Jack's brother. Granted Jack and Nick had a step father/son relationship. I may be wrong, but I don't remember Nick being arrogant and up in Jack's face about it either. Billy flat out said that he didn't care about Jack only Phyllis and he was going to take what he wanted. He showed zero remorse, it was just ugly. I'm really glad Sally dropped that attitude from the character as quick as she did. It was not a good look on an already damaged character. I don't even like Jack these days and I was disgusted.

I've also appreciated that Jack and Nick never really went back to having the relationship they once did.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So for me, today's show was pretty damn good.  Apart from the Cane stuff, I enjoyed everything they were giving me.

Reed and Zoe work for me.  I like the guy playing Scotty, and appreciate the low key approach he gave to his "homecoming".

Hevon is everything.  Bryton has been working out apparently.  Dude looks good.  

I did notice her dialogue.  I don't watch any of the RH shows,  but it does seem they are putting the character through a change.  MM is 

Please register in order to view this content

It was a very even show.  I wish there were more like this one.

• Administrator

I've never cared for Hillary and Devon as a couple but their scenes today were really good. It just shows that good writing really helps out. You didn't get these type of these under Pratt.  

• Members

Hevon is lovely. BJ & MM have the IT factor.

I liked Scott's return even if Lauren & Michael's 'running out of the kitchen double hug' was terrible.

Mariah & Reed were good together. I want to like Noah more but him tending bar makes him boring.

Cane has to go. 

• Members

I've been wondering why Cane is off on this isolated sojourn. Does the show think DG/Cane can carry this kind of story? 

Hevon has had IT since their first scenes in 2013. The show has just been writing against them the entire time. It's a wonder they made it this far. 

• Members

I kind of dig the actress with the ScarJo voice who played Cane's interpreter. The show is better at casting bit parts than it is at casting contract roles. (I wish they'd bring back Gloria's friend aka Landon from The Haves and the Have Nots.)

• Members

Pratt would have never EVER given us what we saw today with these two.  It was really good.

Exactly.  I agree with all of this.

He can't.  This is just speculation, but I think he is going to have an affair with this chick.  They teased it with his physical therapist but that was dropped.  With a quickness.  And @Faulkner, from what I've seen of her, I am kinda digging it too.  

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end Lane so Cane and his daddy can go back down under.  G'day mates!

• Members

From what I've seen, that Japan sojourn was just as much about establishing this new character as it was about Cane.

I like her too, I just hope they don't dumb down her character.

It sure looks as if she and Cane are establishing some kind of rapport. Even if they don't end up sleeping with each other, I can see some type of bond growing between her and Cane, enough to raise Lily's hackles.

• Members

LMBO at G'day mates. I don't think we will be that lucky. Tptb has invested quite a bit in Cane. He's the new Brad. And once they disentangle him with Lily, he will be sleeping with every lead on the show aged 18 to 80. Calling it now, he will be

Please register in order to view this content

then move on to Abby 

My prediction is once Cane has his little regrettable fling in Tokyo, she will come back and date Devon while she and Cane have this secret. Then it'll blow up to end Lane to free Cane to gigolo

• Members

I like new Scott. Hope they clean him up soon though. As for his story...it's awful per Sally's continued story telling. I am sure it will last less than a month before he is out dating in GC.

Cane needs his walking papers. Never cared for the character.

• Members

Noah would be hot if he was actually allowed to be hot, which means taking his shirt off and lusting after ladies and ladies lusting after him. Seriously! If Y&R aren't going to press ahead with Ravi and Ashley, I would make Ashley Noah's Mrs. Robinson.

Speaking of Ravi & Ashley, I liked their scene Tuesday. I actually thought it was the best written scene of the day, alongside Devon & Jill. I personally love watching Jill written this way, and it's been a longtime since I felt that way about Jill. She has been written as a shrill caricature ever since LML. Her working while Katherine's portrait loomed over her, and then taking the portrait down and turning it away from her was spot-on.

I also loved the Hevon scenes. MM is this show's young Jill striding around in that sexy slip and long coat, and that scene yesterday gave her humanity and warmth -- 70s Jill, if you will.

Cane in Tokyo -- lifted by that day player. As usual, AH sucks the air out of every room she steps into, but I thought her scenes with Reed and Zoe actually had a touch of.. fire? Life? about them? Especially the way she cornered Zoe.

It's not perfection but god it's better than the last few years... I know the ratings say otherwise but I hope TPTB keep giving this writing team a chance to build on a slow start.

• Members

So Sally already lied in her interview. Victor mentioned to Chelsea once again that Adam was Christian's son and not Nick. I hope this secret breaks them apart because I hate the pairing. Liking Scott...and the mini Lauren/Paul scenes. Nice to see Sharon normal again. The rest of the show blah. LOL at Nick telling Victor not to get involved in his love life.

Archived