Y&R Debuts New Opening Credits

• Members

So it looks like the 3rd version only had one addition:

- Sharon: She was very well styled and I loved all the movement in her shot - she obviously is well versed on how to shoot your opening credits shot. I do wish Sharon Case would let the hair people try something different with her hair. She looked great with a little bang action.

I liked that Neil opened this version too - he is a tent pole family lead which always seems to dictate who opens or closes a version of the opening credit.

Based on the random assortment of people in this version - do you think they are basically editing these daily for whomever is in the day's episode? It just seems like a random grouping of characters this time around (the Winters, younger Newmans).

I think this also shows that we're not going to get much in terms of the heavily recurring cast which is so disappointing - especially where the likes of Jess Walton and Tracey Bregman are involved.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought of Jeanne too as I saw the opening. She'd also be proud of her other girl Kate Linder. I love the diamonds falling in the background in Jess part of the opening.

BTW...in the background pose of Jess it looks like she is channeling Brenda Dickson.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Love that Jess Walton was included. I don't think she signed a contract so it means highly recurring actors can be included. I'm positive Tracey Bregman will appear too as she was on the photoshoot. Same with Beth Maitland, Robert Adamson, Hunter King, Lauralee Bell, Sean Carrigan, Tristan Rogers and even Catherine Bach. It is unlikely but some of them could appear.

• Members

Kudos on some of the new shots today - though it again lends itself to reason that these versions are not set in stone. They are a pretty random sampling of folks and we still barely have the contract cast covered.

Jess and Kate are both recurring right? It's awesome they are included - recurring means something different now in soaps. Recurring is an accounting issue, not an indicator of commitment to a cast.

Are the following people really recurring? When did this happen?

- Robert Adamson (it looks like he actually has a story now)

- Sean Carrigan (really?)

- Hunter King - I thought she was their leading younger star!

• Members

Kate Linder is on contract, as weird as it might seem.

Adamson, Carrigan and King were all dropped to recurring status last year.

Adamson in March on the same time as Pernas who played his love interest Marisa. She guest-starred in May along with Adamson then he appeared alone, only for bartending at Nick's club and some family drama. He has no story at all for the moment.

King in September and barely appeared since. No episode this year. Not sure she will appear as she must be trying for better ventures.

Carrigan was dropped in November. He has appeared in December and January as the doctor when needed but was not involved with Jill's current medical story so don't know if he is gone or he will recurr again.

Archived