Days Character Dies

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm annoyed about this, but I also understand it from a writing standpoint.

Losing David without having mended their relationship motivates Julie to get close to Eli, and it gives her more reason to be pissed at Valerie if Eli will never have the chance to know his father. It complicates Valerie and Eli's relationship. And I really believe that one of the reasons David never reappeared is because of all the SORASing foolishness -- they basically made it impossible for Julie, David, and Scotty to all exist without either claiming Julie is 90 years old or having it be absolutely distracting. I hope this opens the door for them to bring in Scotty (whom I think could be subtly deSORASed to be more like Brady's age rather than Eve's).

Then again, this will probably play out in the lamest way possible. But I really do see the logical value in it as a dramatic move.

• Members

David Banning should have been kept alive. There are plenty of age appropriate actors such as Laurence Lau, Grant Aleksander, Bradley Cole, James Hyde, Todd McKee, MIchael E. Knight, and so on who could have played the role. They look young enough on screen to be Julie's son, granted Julie was a teen mom. David Banning could have a been a 50 something year young businessman overseeing Julie's business interests overseas, even though he and Julie haven't spent time together for decades, which would have played into mother and son keeping constant tabs via phone and social media.

Archived