Days Character Dies

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If we don't see all the important beats leading up to the climax, as well as the climax itself, who cares? The Hortons are the show's foundation, and Julie is its longest-running character. Killing David off-screen without allowing us to see the supposed conflict between mother and son is like asking us to care about the Romeo and Juliet death scene without watching the first 95% of the play. There will be no emotional resonance, except perhaps for veteran viewers like me who watched David's and Julie's relationship decades ago.

The people who make this sort of stupid decision do not understand daytime dramas or the audience.

• Members

I don't think this is a completely horrible idea, but we all know the execution won't be good. The only way I could accept this is if it coincided with Scotty also coming back and then we could have the fallout with Valerie and Eli as well. It sucks that we won't get to see Valerie and David interact either. He could've been very useful. We will see how it goes though.

Archived