How much time do we give Sally Sussman before we ask for her firing?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually it doesn't - if anything, it encourages me to check out if I think the story might be interesting. If not for day-aheads, I probably wouldn't tune in at all. Even though I disliked Pratt's inability to create successful long-term stories, at least stuff was happening. I REALLY want to watch again, but shows like Monday (U.S.), which I watched are painful - Ravi with his stalker-like Valentine's obsession and the extremely drawn out Cane/Jill scenes = there's no reason why we had to wait to :25 minute mark to hear Jill's obvious answer to Cane, etc.

• Members

And all of those issues? They don't really bother me, personally. I agree with you on reading the day ahead. I wouldn't call the Ravi scenes painful at all. JMO.

The Jill/Cane stuff I could have done without. It's always nice to see Jill but Cane whining left me cold. I don't feel sorry for you.

• Members

Lord knows how vocal I was about moRon, but I'm a bit anxious to see how he does without Frank over his shoulder. I believe Ron has only been HW under Frank and Frank is the most incompetent EP there ever was (Spare me about how he's [not]a budget guru).  Frank forces characters played by his friends on viewers as well as HWs and fires them when they can't fit squares into small round holes.  Ron will have a chance to show what he can do and I want to see it. 

• Members

Problem is that he will be working under Corday...and he is known for playing favorites, etc as well.

Frank stayed under budget, but the amount he saved was given to other soaps (AMC...always over budget, but it still looked like a quality production when it went off the air the 1st time)..and the sets on OLTL and GH look flimsy and cheap.

• Members

Ron fairly uncensored was often what we got with Frank, at least in much of the early years at OLTL and IMO a good portion of GH. People try to pretend like Frank dragged him down now, but the truth is they were more often in sync than not IMO. They both had terrible excesses. The difference is that I think even Ron's worst excesses will work better with DAYS.

• Members

And all of them are featured in more than one of the new opening credits. I think I've seen CK in two of them as well as Greg Rikkart with Amelia in all of them. D. Goddard is featured in every one of them too. So unfortunately they aren't going anywhere.

• Members

Let's be real their ratings haven't be the same since the black viewers left in droves after they got rid of a certain actress. & brought back CK. Since they don't want to bring back the actress, they should get rid of CK because she really not bringing in the black viewers. I think MM/Hillary could bring in the viewers they need. & Her being married to the first & probably the only young black billionaire won't hurt either.

• Members

Nobody mentions it, but if it weren't for Victoria Rowell's exit I do believe Lynn Latham would've lasted much longer on the show. Dru was front and center and when she left the ratings nose-dived. They underestimate the importance of certain characters while doing everything they came to keep some of these truly mediocre talents around.

Archived