Soapsuds

How much time do we give Sally Sussman before we ask for her firing?

196 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, JONNYSBRO said:

I dont think Kay Alden wants to be head writer and i am sorry if she us working with Sally she gets the blame. JFP is sitting somewhere having a martini and laughing. Her ratings were stellar. Jill passed on Sally in 2014 we know see why.

You keep trying to perpetuate the lie that JFP had great ratings. No, she did not. Stop lying. 

6 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

Well it's looking like some of JFP's old writing hires are getting the axe slowly 

Yeah, one if the guys let go was on a twitter sympathy tour yesterday.  Boyd, I think?  

35 minutes ago, GMac said:

I noticed that, but they're hanging on to Tracy Thomson.  Why?  

Perhaps her contract isn't up yet.

So far, I've been dissatisfied with SS's work, but I'm willing to wait and see what happens as they reconfigure the writing staff.  Part of the problem, after all, could be that we have writers on Y&R who don't know how to work in her style (if she has one).

2 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

Yeah, one if the guys let go was on a twitter sympathy tour yesterday.  Boyd, I think?  

Yeah Brent Boyd

Im thinking thomson still is under contract...and maybe she's being kept as sort od aconsultant to let sussman/Alden know whats being going on the last few years.

I hope something impactful happens soon. The show is really boring and incredibly uneven. And if the twists for Chloe are true, we are truly no better off than when Pratt was in charge. At some point, the ratings will matter. They plummeted on POP and I'm guessing that DVR and streaming numbers are doing the same. 

On 3/9/2017 at 8:03 PM, Soapsuds said:

Time is running out. How you much you want to bet that Sally is fired soon and they make Kay Alden HW again?

How long will it take you to spam the board about her?

Here is a link to the 3rd page of the Generarions message board...two posts have old articles from SOD..one from fall 1989...and one from the best/worst 1990.

The fall 1989 artixle said that the show spent too much time telling instead of showing....and lots of talking and no action.  However, by 1990...the show dound its footing.

Maybe someone should show Sussman the article...as a reminder that its great to reestablish character/motivation..but that there has ti be action mixed in.   Balance is keym

Pratt is available again. :) He just stepped down as showrunner for 'Star.' Fortunately he will never return  

24 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

Pratt is available again. :) He just stepped down as showrunner for 'Star.' Fortunately he will never return  

Then star might have a chance..

26 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

We can't say he won't return because the revolving door of hacks is never ending.  All of these recycles hacks, especially with Days.  No real money is going into soaps.  If Angie is desperate enough, UpChuck will be back.  However, if ABC were smart (but they aren't), they'd get rid of FrankenJelly and bring in Pratt.  That would save a ton of cash and who cares about quality?  Certainly not ABC!

Hasn't Sally been fired yet. LOL.  The show is not getting any better and we are now into her fourth month!  What were they thinking when they approved this Ravi character and the actor. I'm all for diversity but this isn't the way to do it with one of their most under used leads.  Those opera scenes were awful.  And the more I think about the Jack/Gloria story, the more I want to pan it.  I'm not a Gloria hater at all and was glad they brought her back, although JC was rusty (but has improved).  But Sally cavalierly has Jack fall off the wagon as an excuse to get him to sleep with Gloria but he's not concerned about it at all, has no ill effects etc. After all the layered storytelling they've done with his struggles, this is beneath the character and the actor.  Terrible.