How much time do we give Sally Sussman before we ask for her firing?

• Members

The show is boring with nothing going on. Today's show was horrible. We had Colin on and just annoying. Jill defending him to Billy. Really Jill?? Lauren's story about her company went poof!  It was just used to prop Sally Sussman's pet Gloria. And why is Sally Sussman putting us through all this mess about a supposed reporter named Scotty who is Lauren's son? Like he is going to be killed off before he actually appears?? There is no suspense in all this mess!  GMAFB Lady!!!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know why, but a part of me felt like that story was DOA.  Like, maybe SS had ideas on where to go with it, but like Bill Bell before her, she sensed it wasn't working and moved on.

• Members

Possibly...but unlike Bill Bell...she doesnt have a lot of other stories gping on to take its place...if true.

Sadly...ive seen her previous work as headwriter (Generations...where the debut episode was more about telling then showing....and Days where she had a good entry story...the killing pool story..but stumbled thereafter).

I think Sally is like Griffith...where she is good with character and the small moments...but lacking when it comes to plot.  Very few people are like Agnes Nixon, Bill bell, Marland, or Lemay..

• Members

I also believe that interview she did hurt her. she came off a bit too arrogant. KA needs to be promoted to Co-HW and NO ONE ELSE IMPO needs to be brought in. some need to learn patience and some things about stories taking time to grow......not stunt SLs that are forgotten after a week. 

• Members

Seriously? After ten years of madness we can't accept SS's material? She is too boring? No explosions? No WTD stories and no triangles? No lost kids? She doesn't write Jill and Lauren like sisters? Devon is Katherine's real family he needs to be the most powerful man in town?

If you ask me, both insta-connections between characters we have known for years were cheap and stupid. I wish they were never mentioned again, just like Gay Phillip.

This regime is great with individual episodes. I love watching the characters talk to each other, watching family relationships and friendships established again. I am really enjoying Nikki these days, the episode with Billy and Victoria's son, Jill and Lily talking, GT's relaxed version of Phyllis, Reed being a nice kid. Actually people are nice to each other for a change. 

Someone said that the Scott story is stupid; we know he will not die. So what? At least someone thought of a creative way to bring him back. (TB's acting is another story). 

I don't like Colin and Gloria; they belong to a different kind of soap opera. I'd rather watch Abby and Mariah fight over Ravi than Phyllis and Ashley. I hate Jack with Gloria.

But I love watching the show on daily basis. B&B has been a joke for years. GH is heartless. I hope RC brings DAYS back to life. But Y&R is the only show that feels like a real soap opera. Written by someone who seems to care for the characters, who is not treating them like faceless love triangle members or extras in a disaster movie. Yes, TPTB need to work on several things. But being mad at them? Really?

• Members

There's nothing wrong with Reed or the actor. The problem is Victoria and the actress. She is not making this non story work at all. It's a waste of time! I actually wish Reed was the one that moved in with Nikki. His scenes with her are so good. Has he even had scenes with grandpa Victor?

Archived