How much time do we give Sally Sussman before we ask for her firing?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chit i would give SallUGH up to six months. Shes just completed two months. So ill give her benefit of the doubt. Mal Young has completed 7 months as EP. I think Mal should be fired first he has zero vision for YR when best moments of his regime were all JFP setup ska Billy/Phyllis fallout and Sharon/Dylan.  I would love Wendy Riche to be at the helm of YR shes a superfan btw of the show.

• Members

It is just amazing. How long has her material been airing? and people ALREADY want he fired? WHY? so the next HW can come in and these same people can spend that time bitching,. moaning, whining and complaining and them? the same people who watch the show each and every day but hate every thing about it and offer no solutions? after what 2 months? she should be fired after two months?!! my goodness. 

• Members

this was the first show I had watched where JFP was EP...and she did, IMPO....a HORRIBLE Job. She came just as close as LML and MAB to ruining this show. Y&R needs to take time to lay the groundwork so the stories can get some traction. Do I like everything on here. Heck no. Some things need work (Get Gloria OFF this show; either give AH better material or think about replacing her; stop bringing in Colin to do the very same things with Jill he's done the last 3-4 times he's been on canvas; give Neil a good story, etc..) but it much better to me than it has been for more than the last decade. But who would replace SSM? Higley, who just got fired for the 3rd time from Days? Let's try a new writer....oh wait, these people would complain "they don't know Y&R and I've never heard of them." Let's replace MY....with who? Just laughable the reactions. because the show didn't instantly get better after 10 episodes she should be fired. WOW.

• Members

The vague concept of Y&R being good again after a decade has basically caused an existential meltdown for some folks. People are not going to wait for the show to continue to rebuild at human speed or within reasonable parameters or limitations because the endgame is not something they are prepared for. It's much more comfortable to just continue to write it off.

• Members

Yep 😛

New HW usually hits the ground running when they start. Sal is too busy trying to take these characters where she would have had them from 10 years ago until now while ignoring everything in between. That's stupid and no one has time for that. Arrogance will be Sally's undoing. Redirecting the characters after the first month would have been fine but Sally needs more time and I'm not sure why. We know who these people are so put them in stories and keep it moving! 

Um...Hell no to Dena!  

I hope you are right. Didn't watch Pratt's Yr but I kept up on Twitter. It was trash but he told stories.  Sally is doing nothing but putting characters in rooms and they talk. 

• Members

the issue I feel is when she was at YR last, She could take this time to tell story but now you have to move quicker

Hopefully she can catch up cause i feel if she can, the show will benefit from her writing in the long-term

Archived