Richard Hatch (AMC) passes away

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was in that dull "four orphans" storyline in 1990 with Cassandra, Mason (TL version), Craig Hunt, Ethan Asher, and...Derek What's-His-Face. Derek had an accent is all I recall, and flirted with CG's Kelly. But what man didn't flirt with CG's Kelly? (And I liked her, but really.)

Hatch was the original Stephen Slade. John O'Hurley later assumed the role.

The only quasi-memorable thing about that whole plot was Leonardo DiCaprio, pre-fame, playing young Mason in flashbacks for a day or two. And discovering Cassie was a (retconned) daughter of Minx Lockridge [who, if still played by Dame Judith Anderson, should have had Cassie as her great-granddaughter instead! But I digress...].

Which led to icky Cassie/Warren incestuous romance stuff...

• Members

It's probably been 20 years since I sat down and watched SNF, so I might look at her with a different perspective today.  I remember not liking her character too well and thought Donna Pescow should have been his main love interest and dance partner. I saw the 1977 SNF premiere party that was on youtube a few years ago and Karen seemed out of it and people kept commenting on her behavior as if she was on something.

Karen seems so sweet in the Tara clips I have seen. 

• 1 month later...

Archived