Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wizzerkat

Richard Hatch (AMC) passes away

15 posts in this topic

Apollo himself. He was rumored to be one of the stars in the BSG motion picture. Thank you for posting this. 

An episode of AMC from January 16, 1970 featuring Richard Hatch as Phillp Brent!:

Edited by CBRVA83

19 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

He returned to soaps in the 80's with a stint on Santa Barbara.

He was in that dull "four orphans" storyline in 1990 with Cassandra, Mason (TL version), Craig Hunt, Ethan Asher, and...Derek What's-His-Face. Derek had an accent is all I recall, and flirted with CG's Kelly. But what man didn't flirt with CG's Kelly? (And I liked her, but really.)

Hatch was the original Stephen Slade. John O'Hurley later assumed the role.

The only quasi-memorable thing about that whole plot was Leonardo DiCaprio, pre-fame, playing young Mason in flashbacks for a day or two. And discovering Cassie was a (retconned) daughter of Minx Lockridge [who, if still played by Dame Judith Anderson, should have had Cassie as her great-granddaughter instead! But I digress...].

Which led to icky Cassie/Warren incestuous romance stuff...

I have not seen too much of Karen Lynn Gorney's Tara, but I thought she was terrible in Saturday Night Fever. People still trash her for her role in that film. Her IMDB message board is mostly posts bashing her. 

9 hours ago, SoapDope said:

I have not seen too much of Karen Lynn Gorney's Tara, but I thought she was terrible in Saturday Night Fever. People still trash her for her role in that film. Her IMDB message board is mostly posts bashing her. 

I thought she was fine for the character. I'm not really sure what people thought the character was supposed to be. SNF is a beautifully acted film. 

3 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I thought she was fine for the character. I'm not really sure what people thought the character was supposed to be. SNF is a beautifully acted film. 

It's probably been 20 years since I sat down and watched SNF, so I might look at her with a different perspective today.  I remember not liking her character too well and thought Donna Pescow should have been his main love interest and dance partner. I saw the 1977 SNF premiere party that was on youtube a few years ago and Karen seemed out of it and people kept commenting on her behavior as if she was on something.

Karen seems so sweet in the Tara clips I have seen. 

I asked the main SB channel I go to if they had anything of his SB run and they put up a clip. He's pretty good. Too bad it didn't work out.

Hatch was very memorable in a film about the musical duo Jan and Dean, and he was absolutely great playing a mentally-challenged young man in an episode of MEDICAL CENTER.

According to her autobiography, Maureen "Marcia Brady" McCormick claimed to have had a brief relationship with Mr. Hatch when she guested on Streets.