TV Guide's Michael Logan interviews DAYS' Susan Seaforth Hayes

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm excited to hear this story is still a big deal months later. I LOVE Vanessa Williams as Valerie and think this is the only genuinely good story on the show. I've never liked anybody with Abe (Lexie deserved better) but he works with Valerie and the actor who plays Theo is good. I look forward to where this goes and I hope Ron keeps it going. I also wonder if David will return. Seems difficult to pull this story off without him. I wouldn't be surprised if DAYS secretly has some big name soap actor already filming as him. 

• Members

Julie adds something.  That is all Susan.  Even during a guest spot at times on the show Julie seems vital because she has kept the basic tone of her character alive. It's more than just sass, Julie always seemed like a living bullshit detector and not afraid to say it out loud.

• Members

Yep. I love Julie. It's been really nice over the last few years to see the show use her more regularly. I'm sure Bill Hayes can't work as much unfortunately. It's been wonderful seeing Doug and Julie finally moved into the matriarch and patriarch roles on the show. Too bad even Julie couldn't make Ciara interesting yesterday. How Jovanni remains terrible almost two years later boggles the mind. Really happy they've given her a grandson who seems to care for her. I don't know that I want tension between Valerie and Julie but it's deserved, I suppose. I hope Ron keeps Valerie, Eli and uses Julie and Doug like they have been, if not more.

Archived