DAYS: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

The one good thing about this Orwell story is that it mixed up a lot of the characters. For too long the show had everyone separated into their own stories with no connection to each other. I thought it was great when Deimos, Brady, Adrienne, Paul, Justin, Nicole, Roman, and Jennifer were actually all involved in the same scene at the Kiriakis estate. Each one of them with their own part of the story. I wish the show would do that more! 

I'm also glad I haven't seen any of the teens for days. Granted, I haven't watched every ep the last few weeks but when I have they haven't been anywhere around. I enjoy that. Haha. 

I agree with another poster in the renewal thread that the Nicole/Chloe custody trial should have been done in a full courtroom. They could have pulled in other characters as witnesses (Brady, Philip, Maggie, Victor, etc) and trash both Nicole and Chloe's histories. It would have been fun to watch everyone squirm uncomfortably while being forced to talk about the past and even better if they threw in flashbacks. This could have been milked for a good week plus instead of two quick days in a closet. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I've really enjoyed that it's an actual umbrella story involving most of the cast.

I agree that the custody hearing was a missed opportunity. They really could have milked that. But I'm SO sick of Nicole crying.

I've watched every day and the teens really haven't been on at all. Claire's only been on the 2/16 episode. Ciara's been on three times this month and her last was on 2/16. Same for Theo and Joey. They're on this week and next though.

• Members

amyone know where I can find clips of  "Stefano's" last episode? Unfortunately I missed my window to watch on NBC.com

I did see the aftermath up through last Wednesday. Hope, Rafe, Roman,  Shane, Steve....these are all cops, agents, law officials and they are among the most corrupt law breaking criminals. I hate how they lie, cheat, fabricate evidence, blackmail and coerce in order to get their way. I'm absolutely disgusted with how this storyline has been handled. None of them have a moral high ground to stand on anymore.. Its really hard to take them seriously, especially Rafe and Hope when they hypocritically condemn other people for their crimes considering the long list they have committed. I hate how they have her overjoyed going around how she didnt kill Stefano when we all know she did. I bet she will go back to being a cop and I will roll my eyes. Since they likely will give her her badge back, Hope really  should just retire. She has been forever ruined for me and I once really liked her

• Members

Considering... well, everything, the funeral hasn't been bad. They hit a lot of nice notes. David hasn't been onscreen in 34 years, which is ridiculous, but given that, at least Julie's actually getting to mourn him. I liked Ciara and Claire ten times more in their interactions with Julie than when they're sniping and bitching at one another, too.

Ridiculous that Hope wasn't there. I know, actor guarantees, blah blah, but come on. It just makes her (and Rafe) come off as even more self-centered.

And Maggie was very enjoyable in most of the episode. Until...

Valerie: "And I'm so sorry about YOUR SON!"
Maggie: "HE WAS A GOOD MAN!"

E.Nough!!!!!

Susan Seaforth Hayes was amazing. I was shocked that David got a church funeral. I already like Eli he sure is hot. Vanessa Williams and Susan Seaforth Hayes are bringing it. Interesting Eli took a Ancestry DNA test which revealed he has English & Irish blood. Horton is a British surname. I'm surprised they paid attention to that detail. Lamon Archey hit the ground running. Bland Lani looking at Eli with her big thirsty bug eyes

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Maggie constantly bringing up Daniel needs to stop soon. I really have started to detest her.

Hope thinks she has food poisoning---Good job with the picnic, Rafe.  But seriously, Hope grew up with David as her "big brother" in a way, you would think the character could have been more useful at the funeral.

Just think how good a cameo for Denise Alexander sittiing in the back of the church, Susan was his first mother.

Not here for phony -ass Claire.

SSH has been wonderful as ever. What a mistake all of her years on the outside have been.  With good writing, any character, no matter how old, can have viable story.   When the characters of Doug and Julie were written off in 1984, thirty years ago, a very bad decision was made.

Chloe scenes are way too repetitive. I wish that they would not start Chloe/Brady/Nicole again....

Archived