DAYS: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Daniel propping was FAR more extreme. It's STILL bad. LOL. And the character has been dead over a year!

I'd personally have like to see more of Laura. I think they wasted Abby's mental health issues. It was nothing but a plot device. They were never seriously going to ever handle it. I hope Ron does but I fear he makes a joke out of it (his handling of Jessica's DID on OLTL was a complete and total joke, one of the things I just will always berate him for). That we never got a therapy scene between them or any real history discussion about the women in their family having a history of illness. If we did, I sure missed it! I also think the show did a disservice to Jack and his PTSD. That was all off-screen too before he got crushed by an elevator shaft.

The Shane-as-Stefano reveal? Lawd. I felt so bad for Nichols and Shaughnessy having to sit there and play this like it was some great story and they actually had things to do.

I do see what you mean about Austin Carrie and Anna. What WAS the point? But I guess I didn't bother to think much about it and I just enjoyed their visits and we still get more out of them.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no intel but I've got to believe the little things that are good about the show are Ryan's influence.  But the overall stories this month are horrible.  The Shane/Stefano hoax is dreadfully bad.  The baby switch/Nicole thing makes no sense.  She would have left him in a NY minute to get her baby.  I can see why NBC kicked Hagley's ass to the curb. I gave Quigley the benefit of the doubt for a few months because they had to clean up Griffith's nightmare insanity.  But they botched Chabby reunion and these new stories are just beyond lame. Hope's on the run and hacking into computers, committing crimes to protect Marlena's look a like because she helped her in prison.  WTF. Eric's out of jail but no one knew.  And Val!  Could they make this character any less sympathetic; she's either a complete airhead or a sociopath.  Ron may not be able to clean up this mess.

• Members

I did like seeing Anna and Carrie together again for the first time in 30 years, even if I find Anna annoying sometimes. And it will be nice to see Austin and Carrie in Salem this week away from the stupid Prague story. Maybe I was too hard on them before, I do like seeing familiar faces pop in for a visit.

Then he should fit right in with the rest of DAYS head writers of the last 10 years, LOL. I just hope we can at least get a good show for 6-12 months before it eventually falls apart, which we all know will happen.

• Members

Well I wouldn't say you were hard on them, maybe I'm being too easy (all three should be on regularly, though they need to tone Anna down a tad) ... but you weren't wrong in asking what was the point. That's true. What WAS the point? Just to have them involved? I mean, again, I'm fine with that ...

And I'm with Raven in that I want to credit Ryan for the 'better' things during this reign. The show is not at all entertaining or interesting at the moment, but it has all the right people (mostly) on the canvas, or it could ... sigh. SO much potential. I could go on for days.

Yep. I think his style can fit DAYS, so I'm curious to see how he does without Frank, but I haven't forgotten the mess he can be. Not at all. Sad thing is I'd take him over Tomlin and Higley any day so this was a win in my book. Never thought I'd say that ... sigh

• Members

I didn't think today's episode was bad... something I haven't thought in DAYSSSSS lol.  For the Higley/Quan regime, it was shockingly organized and hit a lot of good beats... and though the dialogue had to devolve into lameness, it wasn't nearly as bad as it usually is.

I, too, was disappointed about Anna, Austin, and Carrie's returns... wonderful to see them, but godawful execution.  I don't know how Prague was greenlit between the producers, NBC, and Sony.  The tension between Austin/Carrie/Rafe was horribly  handled and Anna was really butchered.  And what could have been one of the modern show's more significant and poignant scenes was barely touched--the juxtaposition between Marlena and Anna in Carrie's life and how Marlena has always been the mother that's counted.  Infuriating miss.  Not to mention A&C could've had a quick moment with Sonny about Will, but I know that's way too much to ask for lol.  Really hope Austin has a scene with Kate and Lucas this week!!!  Am I delusional?  Lol

• Members

I'm such a sucker for this stuff, but it was great seeing Carrie and Stephanie interact after all these years. And I loved Kayla fibbing to Caroline on the phone about having a Mass and then telling Marlena, "I'm going to hell."

Glad Beemer's Shawn was around to be reunited with Hope, even if this whole convoluted mess about Stefano being "alive" is ridiculous. 

Archived