DAYS: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and Stefano escaped once again? I guess that's how it should be.....we'll never know what happened to him or what became of him. Mysterious to the end. even if they kill him off off screen, what viewers will believe it? and I PRAY they don't recast. 

• Members

One of the Days writers confirmed yesterday on Twitter than Carlivati's material starts airing mid-July!  So only another 21 weeks or so of Higley.....I wonder if they threw out at least a few weeks of her material. They should.

I appreciate that the show wanted to rehabilitate Hope's character (after Griffith assassination) so I'm fine that they resurrected Stefano; but they should have had him mute from a stroke so that the silence made sense.  It would have been awesome if at the end he uttered to Marlena: you were my one true love!  I know the fans loved Joe and his portrayal but they lost me after his fifth or sixth resurrection.  

Now onto Nicole/Chloe:  First of all, what up with Nicole's Mad Men, semi beehive hairdo this week?  Not an attractive look on the actress.  And there's so much wrong with this baby plot, starting with the fact that if Nicole is willing to overlook two recent Deimos federal offenses (poisoning Andre/beating up members only Dario) then can't she ask him to take out Chloe somehow?  And why can Deimos get away with these crimes but for two months he couldn't find Chloe or get a DNA sample. Why hasn't he taken her out and snatched the baby?

• Members

Is Eric only back to essentially keep Hope safe while on the run or is he going to do anything else? I wouldn't mind seeing him more. 

It's nice to see Patch and Shane together again having scenes. Makes me wonder: Shane can do this wild plan to save Hope but has nothing when it comes to his daughter, Theresa? I mean, Theresa can't show up in a "fat suit" or something looking like Kate to see her child? Haha Granted, everyone will be like "Damn Kate, you've gotten short. What happened?"

(and no offense meant toward Lauren Koslow. She's not fat. She's sexy! Was just an example)

• Members

Eh. I wouldn't call what they have "history". Rafe's been nothing but shoved into places where he shouldn't be. Just like Daniel was. Rafe and Daniel edging out Lucas, Bo (by Reckell's choice - mostly) and Jack as leading men on this show still irritates me. He had some moments with him over the years but that final moment belonged to Bo or John, or even the real Roman, which wasn't possible. Shame. It still didn't justify him getting the 'final' scene with Stefano. Such a slap in the face. JMO. It should have ended with Marlena and checkmate. Rafe was a smug douchebag like he always is. What an awful character we've had to endure for almost ten years now. Why can't he die too? Sigh. I was so annoyed Stefano's last scene on this show is with him. Beyond annoyed.

I don't know that returns always "need a point", it's been nice just seeing Austin and Carrie and Anna involved. I don't have issues with characters popping in and out where it sort of makes sense. It's a return to just be a return. I sort of like it. I agree though, but they aren't going to be given their own story for 6-7 episodes spread out over three months.

• Members

Believe me, I'm not a fan of Rafe and agree with some of what you say (though I think the Daniel propping was much more extreme). Rafe has been on the show for over eight years now. Stefano tried to have Rafe killed to stop him from revealing the baby switch. He kidnapped Rafe, erased his memory and replaced him with a look alike. He sent detective Bernardi to cut off his penis after finding out about Rafe and Kate. I don't see anything wrong with calling that Rafe's history with Stefano, that's what it is. Rafe visting Stefano in jail didn't bother me. The problem was that he was the last one to share a scene with Stefano. His scene could have been in the beginning of the episode. Bo and John would have been great but that couldn't happen because of the actors. Marlena's scene and "Checkmate" line could have been a good final scene of Stefano (under the current circumstances). And the ending with the empty jail cell could have still been there as a way to keep Stefano's mystique. Of course none of this matters after seeing Friday's show with the terrible reveal that it was Shane pretending to be Stefano.

I usually don't mind short visits for characters, when it makes sense for the story. Like Shane, Kim, Nancy and Laura these last couple of months. I haven't seen that with Austin and Carrie this time.

Archived