Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You ain't lyin'!

If Y&R insists on keeping PB as Jack, then they can forget about Jack ever being again a viable, romantic lead who can generate genuine sex appeal or chemistry with any woman.  They should just transition Jack into John's former role as Abbott family patriarch and allow the next generation (Billy, maybe Kyle (if he were brought back), DEFINITELY Keemo (if TPTB were to stop listening to PB and bring HIM back)) to assume Smilin' Jack's former status as the family playboy.

• Members

PB is just fine as Jack. And sorry but Keemo has been the most boring Y&R character ever, if the character wasn't Asian I doupt anybody would think that it is crucial for the show to bring him back. Jack's insta-family with Luan would have been the kiss of the death for Jack and I am sure that is the reason Bill Bell ended their story rather quickly and forgot they existed. 

• Members

Naw, people are always clamoring for long forgotten children to be brought back. Even when they're crashed and burned as characters multiple times.

They're missing story opportunities having Jack on the canvas without children. I think people see more wasted potential in Keemo (and Kyle), not some strong desire for whatever his characterization was.

• Members

The best story for Jack would be to to get him married to Jill (in order to save Jabot or something) and being forced to live in the same house with her. This would also provide Ashley and Billy with some interesting material. Kyle Abbott should also return to the Abbott mansion.

But please, no 50-year old sleep walking Keemo daydreaming about Cricket all over again.

BTW everybody hates PB for changing Jack and nobody seems to mind that Jess Walton turned Jill into someone not even Bill Bell could find anything interesting to write for except fighting with Kay. I have grown to love Jess, but she is not the sexy manicurist who seduced all these rich older men. She is also someone who hasn't had a successful pairing in MANY years, yet nobody says that she should be recast. 

Archived