Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not just a lack of actual steam/longing/romance (I know the latter is a dirty word nowadays), but the nature of sex shown has changed. On Y&R the Phick affair seemed laced with this obsession aspect, and also seemed to be about a triumphant Phyllis shoving it in Sharon's face and 'winning.' Guza, who was writing GH at the time, seemed to be harnessing a growing resentment/misogyny towards women (which has now been practically legalised by recent political events, but that's a rant for another thread). In some ways he was ahead of his time!

Please register in order to view this content

I remember all GH sex scenes being about a guy hate-f*cking a woman he couldn't stand in order to get back at the woman he claimed to love. I feel like soaps lost a lot of sensuality and sex-positive attitudes at that time. Although I guess sex as a weapon seems to be the trend on HBO too. 

• Members

I love Jill & Colin, but I don't want Jill to take him back easily. I hoping that Colin gets some character adjustment away from being a carbon copy of Jeffery. If they hooked up Colin & Gloria I'd never want him back with Jill. It would ruin him for me. Gloria has already drained all the sex appeal out of Jack.Their association has given him her yuck factor. If Jack is so hard up for sex he should hire a hooker, she would have more redeeming qualities than Gloria.

I'm really enjoying Jill's story so far. It's been sad, sweet, & funny, and hitting most of its marks with me. The running gag about keeping Jill's heart a secret, but yet telling everyone, is hilarious. I burst out laughing when Nick entered the coffee house talking about it. He's usually unaware of Jill's existence. Good use of flashbacks, Billy, Katherine, and a dialog rich with history.

• Members

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around Jorm and how it's possible. Jillary is far more logical and honestly has more long-term impact beyond the 'shock' value when Jorm is reveal. Jillary could be the modern-day John/Jill - far longer lasting and good for both characters. Hilary back at Jabot and the Abbott Mansion - lots of good material there. Jorm is vile and a cheap stunt - it's something I would've expected out of Pratt - seriously. 

• Members

Jack hasn't had sex appeal since Terry Lester.

Please no.  Hilary and Jack have no business being more than friends and have absolutely no chemistry.  None.  

BTW, Pratt tried Hilary/Jack.  It didn't work then and won't work now.  

Devon and Hilary are 

Please register in order to view this content

but I will say MM is electric and it would be interesting if they put her in different pairings but not with Aunt Jack.

• Members

Gloria/Jack provides the same story as Hilary/Jack. Same fall out. Same family upheaval. Same stakes long term if jack marries her.  Only difference is we won't have to sit through 65 year old Jack having a kid and I won't have gag through or stop watching to be spared a gorgeous, talented 28 year old woman kissing/sleeping with a man old enough to be her grandfather. Pick someone else for Hilary. Noah is now free. Scott is coming. Billy needs something. 

And I fail to see how hilary/jack would make jack sexier than gloria/Jack. Especially when it's compared to John and jill. Jack would be the old man salivating over a young girl, whom, when the pairing fails, would guaranteed turn her eyes to a younger man. Much like what happened with neil. 

If folks have this burning desire to see a black woman as lady of the Abbot Manor, then the show should bring on a 55 year old aunt for hilary...or my favorite option, olivia. I've always wanted Olivia and Jack. 

• Members

I couldn't disagree more.  Gloria is a joke, no one respects her, or thinks she's capable of anything but cheap stunts. Hillary is smart, sexy, & business savvy, she could be one of the show's top diva's. But diva's have to get around, being permanently attached to Devon's hip makes them as boring as Lane is. Hillary already has Devon whipped.  As Jack's partner, Hillary could throw her married weight around Jabot, and Abbott Manor, just like Jill did. Everybody would just laugh at Gloria. If everyone finds out Jack's been sleeping with Gloria he will be the laughing stock of GC. That would not be the case with Hillary. Older wealthy men often have younger women on their arms.

Of course Billy would work well too, if he went back to working at Jabot. She would be the perfect one to push him (& herself) up the ranks to taking over. Same as if they re-cast Chance, and Hillary worked with him at Chancellor Industries. Both would give Hillary that upscale last name (Chancellor or Abbott) and access to run (and ownership) of the classic GC companies, and classic GC manors. Not to mention have a rivalry with GC older diva's Jill or Ashley. She can always go back to Devon here and there........ after she has a legacy heir.

I don't think anything is wrong with Hillary & Jack, and it would make great story, but I'd rather see Hillary with the sexier, younger men too.

I

• Members

Oh, I see. This is driven by your eternal bitterness over Devon's ties to Katherine. Everything he has by way of story, wealth, love interest should to be taken away and if possible rightfully go to Jill and her offspring. You are terribly transparent and unceasingly tedious. Give it a rest. 

• Members

I feel the exact same way. I don't care how many gold-diggers go after grandpas in real life, I don't need to see it on my soap again. Yuck. Y&R has enough young women with much older men as things stand. Last I checked soaps were supposed to be about female fantasy not straight, elderly male wish fulfillment.

Archived