Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

He had a whole conversation with Neil about how he doesn't think he can resist her?

I think there are good individual scenes and character moments but overall the stories leave me feeling like there's a ton of wasted potential. Jack trying to buy Fenmore's behind everyone's backs could have been months worth of story but instead they shot their wad in a month. And right now, aside from Jill, it's sitting there like a limp dick.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hilary and Mariah..given their pasts make better frienda/frienmies...then straight enemies.  Pratt had the right idea interacting the two..but went about it the wrong way.

Im hoping Hilary opts to divorce Devon like he wants and moves on..

And not begging him to forgive her.  Then we can see them gradually get back together.

Phyllis and billy in the elevator.. not a good friday cliffhanger...but it helped me stay on my diet since it made me lose my appetite.  #silverlining

Gloria is too over the top....the show has a budget now..and i domt think they can afford set repairs from the amount of scene chewing Judith Chapman is doing.

• Members

😂 

So I can see your POV.  But I just look at it differently.  Devon confessed that to Neil but he hasn't changed his actions toward Hil.  He's torn, and that's more true to life than his just deciding it's over, moving on without a second thought or regret.   I want to see what happens next for them.

As far as Jack, again I see your point but that hasn't cost the story any momentum for me.  There's another facet of the story to take its place, like Jill's involvement.  That's not over yet.

• Members

I agree with all you said with one exception. I would be as shocked as I've been with a soap story in 2 decades if Devon and Hilary divorce. Right now, they are both testing each other. Hilary knows devon doesn't want to divorce her so she's presenting him divorce papers to prove her point of not wanting money. Devon is testing hilary by putting her in positions she'd normally balk at to see if she's really changed.  I fully expect them to reunite in grande romantic fashion by end of sweeps. 

Jill's part in the Fenmore's story is just starting. I agree there. She's got to overcome whatever issues Colin has put in her way to proceed but i have every faith she will. Her story is just one prong of the entire umbrella story. 

I despise Victor but I loved him encouraging Victoria to go after B&S alone without "the grifter and the gambler". This is the first time that her story used the fact that she's got $500M in the bank and the first time I didn't think her having it was detrimental to future story for the show. 

I'm liking Gloria's crazy too. I see folks on social media decrying her going to GC Buzz and "lying". But truth is that jack made an agreement with a woman to give her a job, slept with her, and backed out on the deal. That would be a huge TO DO for any CEO or elected official. It's unethical at the least. I'm getting Jack will pay the cost for this like he did when he couldn't run Jabot after the face cream lawsuit. I hope Gloria wins a piece of the pie in court or they have to give her something to shut up the scandal. It's good soap. 

The only thing I'm side eyeing is Ravi. I see no appeal there. He's inoffensive and background though so I have no complaints. 

• Members

Just horrible show....

1. Gloria sh!t about Jack. Is she for real?? Why is she still on this show Sally Sussman? Gloria sucks!

2. I am so sick of Faith!  She is an awful ungrateful little brat!

3. Nick was on today....nuff said

4. Dear Lord....Ashley fighting with Phyliss like a school girl.....lord that was bad.....

5. Victoria still arguing on the phone with her son about leaving the house....ummmm didn't they already talk it over the day before?

6. Victoria p!ssed off at Billy once again because of pure nonsense.

7. Hillary is still playing Devon and of course he will fall for it.

8. Colin involved in the Jill/Lauren story.

9. Realizing the Lauren story was really all about nothing.

IT WAS A HORRIBLE SHOW!!

The Gloria stuff was pure bullsh!T!!!!   I can't stand Jack but COME ON!!

10. Victoria being a businesswoman didn't have a clue what to do after Jill's offer. Victor had to tell her to go for the whole pie. Victoria is stupid beyond words.

11. Cane making a play for the entire Brash & Sassy.....NO ONE CARES ABOUT CANE!!  Why give him any sort of story? He should be gone from this soap!!

I am about to turn off Y&R for good!

• Members

Honestly, you should turn it off. You're complaining about everything on the show. Every little thing. If it's this bad for you, time to walk away or take a break.

For me, GMac's comments make sense in every respect. I thought this was a good week and that Friday's show was great. It's not perfect, but I'm really happy with YR right now.

• Members

I'm giving it another month and if continues being awful I will turn it off. The ratings since they took over haven't been anything to write home about. Sally Sussman continues on focusing on the wrong characters. Her writing style hasn't changed either. It is boring as hell.

Cane + Gloria + Pod Victoria/Billy nonsense continuous scens + Collin + Ashley's new romance = Comma Inducing Boredom

Archived