Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Steve Kent should rehire Jill Farren Phelps she had that knack for goosing ratings up. Honestly Sally is faltering but i am starting to think mal is a weak EP. Hes not doing anything to drive any story out of her..how the hell did Sally have gall to diss Lynn Latham when her stuff is worse.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup, her hysteria makes zero sense. I agree Jill is full of gusto and this story is NOT for her.

Your comment reminded me of these episodes of the Cosby Show which are my favorites. Claire goes off the rails on both and discusses the wilderness...LOL

• Members

I agree with you, allmc2008. Scott has been mentioned the past couple weeks. As you said, posters are either skipping shows or ff through supposed "boring" scenes.

I'd like to know how people would prefer Scott be introduced if they hate this no build up story. Would they prefer he just show up on Lauren's doorstep? No, that's another no build up. Bottom line, I think complaining about stuff like this is ridiculous.

Complaints abound about EVERYTHING. Sally has become quite the whipping post, no matter what she does.

Gloria hasn't been on for a few days so let's complain that she'll probably appear tomorrow. Lets complain about Sharon again chasing after a man even though we don't know that's going to happen. Let's complain about the Scotty storyline and say it's ending the Fenmore business story even though we don't know tears going to happen. LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FRICKIN LADDER AND BOOKS IN THE CHANCELLOR LIVING ROOM.  MY.  GOD.

I'm enjoying the show and think Sally is doing just fine. I know I'm  the minority here, but I feel the need to break up the funeral every once in a while.

• Members

I'm sure you won't have to worry about my complaining because if the ratings continue to sink....Sally will be gone really soon!  She will sink herself with her boring no stories writing.

Name one good story she is telling right now. None of them are great or even good enough that someone on here would praise.

• Members

I don't mind the Jill or Scott story as I care about who's involved.

The show still has problems but some of you IMO are being a bit too nitpicky. But Y&R was never *my show* so some things aren't as big of a problem for me but yet I nitpick DAYS to absolute death so I get it.

• Members

I am not a follower of writers on the soaps, but I know when I'm enjoying a soap or not.  Right now, I'm really enjoying the new characterizations of so many of the cast.  The Marco story did it in for me and all the subsequent storylines about Victor.  I'm actually enjoying the Newmans.

• Members

Agreed. But that's the problem with soaps anymore though. They need to make you care and be invested. They write to their fanbase. I sometimes try and look at soaps as someone who's not into them and I say this about character returns all the time ... what about that new viewer who doesn't have a clue who Steve and Kayla are (yeah I'm bringing DAYS characters into the discussion). Why would they care about them being re-introduced 15 years later if you don't make the audience care again or fall in love with them again? I'm not really explaining it as well as I could because I'm in a rush but I think most of you probably get what I'm trying to say.

But for those who have watched the show and care about Lauren, wouldn't you care about her son as well?

And both the Scott and Jill stories HAVE had build up. I totally get why they chose Jill. It's not a story about "reigning her in".

Archived