Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Except she's not Phyllis. She's an adult.

Good lord Cane and his dad are useless.

Adding Jill to this story has made it more interesting but at the same time it's kind of a dud. 

Neil is so pathetic. He just reeks of pathetic, I can't explain it. And KSJ sounds like such a creep sometimes.

Wait does this show think you can get an app for a major retailer up and running in two weeks? Hahahaha

• Members

Jess usually likes to work as much as she can. I don't think it's her. I'm getting the feeling Sally is using Gloria instead of Jill to amp up the drama. Either Sally likes her more, and/or JC is cheaper? It sounds like there is going to be a lot of Gloria coming up. There' already too much of her for me. I'd rather see more Nikki, Ashley, & Jill, than Gloria.

• Members

This whole acquisition of Fenmore's by Jabot story is giving me blue balls.

I feel like it's just on the precipice of getting interesting when suddenly...a wild Gloria enters. Everyone finds out Jack is behind her scheming. Jack and Gloria sleep together. Ashley and Phyllis are fighting over Ravi (who I like a lot). Jill gives the story a shot in the arm for all of a day and the very next Colin is telling her to calm down when she should be getting down and dirty, not going on cruises.

I feel the same way about Hillary and Devon's story. Just last week he was certain that she was out of his life. This week he's hemming and hawing.  Before that he had amnesia for a week for no reason. Neil keeps flip flopping over whether they should be together. Just stick with something for more than a week already.

It's just as soon as my brain goes "THIS IS GETTING GOOD" they pull back for no discernible reason.

• Members

For me, this has been a strong week overall.  

It was good to see a change, however small, in the Hilary/Mariah story yesterday.  Their acknowledgment that both came to town ready to stir up some crap, and for a change Mariah was the more snarky one.  I can see they would make good friends and today was more of that.  I like it.  It doesn't seem to me that Devon is questioning his relationship with Hilary at all.  It's pretty clear to me that, for the time being, he wants nothing to do with her in his personal life.  His not signing the divorce papers right away?  For dramatic pause.  And I still feel the amnesia was a good twist, and served a purpose.

Jill is still very much involved in the Fenmore story.  She's positioning herself financially to buy Jabot out...how is it that y'all feel her part in that story is wrapped up?  I don't see it.  I don't care that much for Colin, but the cruise thing is being done more for his plans (who was he talking to on the phone?) than hers.  

Gloria being Gloria, what she is doing makes sense.  That's who she is.  I'm no big fan of hers or JC, but I like it.  I didn't  want to, but I do.  Sue me.

Count me in as a Ravi fan.  The stuff with Ashley today was good stuff.

Sharon.  SC has been exceptional this week.  It's so nice to see Nikki cutting her a little slack.  They will never be besties, and no one wants that, but the characters have dimension again.  Nikki did absolutely the right thing by talking to Faith.  She's not Crazy Sharon all the time.  Good scenes with her and Nick and Faith.

The Brash & Sassy buyout is starting out good.  Victoria/AH is best in those kind of stories and having Victor encouraging her is a good move.

I like 80% of what I'm seeing right now.  There are stories I'm less interested in, but that's how it always goes.

Archived