Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

What a boring week.  There is deliberate pacing and then there's dull. I realized yesterday that a large part of my problem with the show is the lack of tension. They pay lip service to it but I rarely feel it. I felt it last week when Jill found out about Fenmore's but they got past that real quick. It's shameful.

Yesterday Abby and Victor had the exact same conversation they had a month ago. Melissa Ordway has no screen presence whatsoever.

And because it can't be said enough Amelia Heinle is an atrocious actress and looks like she's dying. Fire her!

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm thinking it's more the way they've drawn the character. They seem to be intentionally going for cold and sexless. She's becoming a chore to watch. 

For whatever reason, I think they are setting up Cane social climbing with Abby. Just a feeling I get. He seems the new Brad. 

• Members

I absolutely agree. Also I feel there's a lack of SEXUAL tension between characters. Like, is there any couple oozing passion and attraction? Nope. Zero.

Don't get me started on Jill lashing out at Lauren. She got teary eyed almost immediately. It's ridiculous. Jill has been through hell and back. Yet JW portrays her like so weak and emotional. 

Ordway and Heinle are a lost cause, and I'm sure the writers know that even though they shove Victoria down our throats.

• Members

Sharon has used hr illness as an excuse, and their have been many instances of Sharon not being irrational, acknowledging her issues juxtapositioned with her feeling and doing the opposite to make anyone wary, she built that house LOL

Archived