Y&R: February 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, I know. The Hilary character was jerked around by the writers for so long that no one trusts her. I get it. But I think Sally is doing her best to give the character understandable motivations and humanity. It's a hard sell but I love what I'm seeing. 

Jill vs Lauren is great soap. I don't care who wins or how it plays out. Just give me more. I know Sally isn't fond of that connection but it's giving us entertaining interaction between two long term actresses that can deliver. It works. I just hope it doesn't get side tracked. 

Jack and gloria are a hoot. It seems like an odd combo but PB and JC are making it work. I don't even mind gloria so much. 

• Members

Many read Sally for her comments about Jill and Lauren but look at this now. I understand she didn't like the retcon of them being sisters, but she's using it in a smart way that doesn't really even need much mention of the fact that they're sisters. It's a great new rivalry and very clever for Jill's new story. I expected Jill to get an illness or something typical like that. This is juicy! Sally Sussman has done an AMAZING job of building the relationships on the show. I am becoming so invested now and they aren't even in the thick of things! How did she make Lauren's boring ass interesting again after 10 years of boredom?! She has even made me like Victoria's tired ass. 

• Members

We will see about Chick. You can't convince me they're the next hot couple when Chelsea was in 3 episodes last month. You can tell Sally ain't feeling that hoe. She made it clear she doesn't want to do any insta romances and this was developing before she got here so it's probably just easy to keep it going until Nick is ready to be thrust into a proper love interest. I honestly don't really mind Nick with Chelsea since it's moving so slow and they aren't being shoved down our throats, but I'd still prefer she be written off.

• Members

My issue with Nick and Chelsea is that I don't see a long term future there. And the only story is them breaking up when he finds she lied about Adam being the father. So other than that, I don't see the point of the pairing. It's not like they'll ever be the show's next great super couple. And I hope the show doesn't attempt to play them as some grande love. 

Archived