B&B - February 2017 Discussion

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I first saw it I thought this is cheesy as hell. But wasn't that what Sally was about before she became less cheesy....LOL.  It was nice seeing Mick Cain. He looks really good. The Sally voice over was really bad. I wish they had laid to rest her character because it adds little to no motive for CJ to revive the company with Sally alive. The Spectra story is a so refreshing compared to the rest of the trash on. I loved the flashbacks of DC and Sally. Ditto for the Darla and Thorne flashbacks too!  The rest of the show sucked with Gay Thomas pounding his chest on how he was being cheated. Does anyone even care?  And of course we had to have Liam again ....so boring and the same lines over and over again.

Oops forget Patrika Darbo...love her already....LOL. I've always liked her work on Days. I wonder if she is still airing on Days too?

I had to LOL when CJ told them they had 6 months to revive Spectra.....I thought that's how long Bradley Bell will keep them before he loses interest and goes full throttle on repeating more junk for Liam.

• Members

Why does the promo shot of the 4 new Spectras look like a bad Lifetime bio movie? Like a 90210 Melrose Full House Saved by the Bell behind-the-scenes cheese fest. Watching Patrika Darbo and the young redheaded chick and they look like a parody. 

Add to that, that Darlene Conley "Sally" fill-in had a ridiculous shade of red to that wig. 

Hmm, seeing this makes me rethink DAYS' ability to return to campiness in this day and age of low-budgets and high-definition. 

• Members

What a wonderful eppy!  Very soapy. It was was awful going from the Spectra scenes to dreadful Steam. Just awful!  

Even tho the backdrop for Sally's scenes were from Tom and Jerry, the Spectra stuff was just old school OTT goodness. Great lighting and old fashion fun. So soapy!!!  Would rather Shirley be played by a taller actress but Patrika will have to do. 

Darlene Conley is tremendously missed and I didn't realize how much til today. She was one of a kind!  

• Members

Finished the episode. It's the redhead, Young Sally. She is just too much. Too, too much. I can't take her seriously at all. I know she's trying to emulate the enthusiasm of DC's original, but it comes off as terrible acting, over-the-top and hammy. With the gaudy outfit, it looks like an *intentional* soap/telenovela parody. 

• Members

I like this new Sally but this s--t is a hot mess. Its hard to take her seriously when she dresses like an 80s reject.

That Sally stand in was awful and I wish they'd just kill her off already

With all of Thomas' whining, Im guessing he's going to quit and help Sally start up Spectra

Archived