B&B: Big casting news!

• Members

At the end of the January 31 episode, a young woman signs a check with the name Sally Spectra. Bradley Bell has decided to bring back the Spectra gang.

Courtney Hope will be playing Sally Spectra, Sally's grandniece.
Patrika Darbo will be playing Shirley Spectra, Sally's sister.
Alex Wyse is cast to play Saul's grandson Saul.
Danube Hermosillo will be playing Darlita.

Also, Mick Cain is returning as C.J. Garrison for a guest spot.

For more info, here's an interview with Bradley Bell:

http://www.tvinsider.com/114472/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-sally-spectra/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Typical Bradley Bell. He gets a new toy, plays around with it for awhile, and then suddenly drops it completely.

Also, with the news of Zende and Nicole

Please register in order to view this content

, that's the first thought that popped into my head. Gone! Sad.

• Members

It reminds me a bit of how the British soaps can historically roll out whole families at once - something I've often thought our soaps can try but the climate here is so polarized and angry about anything like that, with good reason.

• Members

I'll wait and see (I actually put B&B back on DVR because of this), but it could've been executed so much better. This feels so unnatural and plot driven and usually when that is the case you can't become invested because you know Brad Bell is going to be over it in six months to a year. So you don't have a bunch of newbies hogging the screen, I'd figure out a way to tie current cast members in. Maya is an easy choice and needs a story. I would keep the idea of nuSally and Shirley, but put Maya and possibly a dissatisfied Rick in there and try to build a proper rival to Forrester like before. I also feel like with CJ and Clarke still viable why not have them as important parts to this story? Thorne due to Ally and Darla? It just feels kinda silly the way they're laying it out for us.

Archived