Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcar03

DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

221 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

SO which kids currently on the canvas, is he gonna try to make the "Spencer" ??

Ugh.....

6 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Ugh.....

They already got rid of her and recast. Her name was Lauren Boles! LOL and the girl still acts better than the tragedy that replaced her.

Thankfully DAYS doesn't have the kidlet problems the other soaps do. At least Sami's brats are all off-canvas. We'd be seeing Johnny all day every day. It'd be different if he focused on one who could act ... but then the girl who plays Faith on Y&R can act but I can't stand seeing her nearly day in and day out either .... kids on soaps do not need to be driving a storyline.

Edited by KMan101

9 minutes ago, beebs said:

Nah, he'll have a redux of the Kim one and drive Patsy Pease right back out the door and he'll wonder why.

That'll be after he has her have some great epiphany that results in her screwing Victor and coming to the conclusion she never stopped loving him. :rolleyes: Oh and that Andrew is now his son.

1 hour ago, Darn said:

Half naked men is a Days touchstone. Come on.

This should've happened ages ago,

Haha. I hope Jordi Vilasuso is still around. Time to polish those headlights... 

Deidre, bust out your old yellow contact lenses! It's time to dance with the devil again! 

Seriously I'm glad for this news. What do they have to lose? The show has been unidentifiable for years, save for a few weeks during their 50th. It shows they won't give up without a fight. 

A return of Stella Lombard? Sure! A return of Austin's Pecs? Go for it. An OLTL Ford brother as a recasted plastic-surgery Peter Blake? Bring. It. On. 

Granted, with their tiny budget, we'll have to see a forklift "levitate" Deidre above her bed, but we can pretend she's floating. 

57 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Well, a massive fan petition did assist in getting her fired one of those times. Not to mention when the leading lady of the soap opera you just spent three years writing for speaks out against you when she speaks out against next to no one .... Higley puts the H in Hack and I for one am thrilled she's gone from DAYS. FINALLY! We should have been spared the last year and all of this mess. She never should have been brought back.

Which actress did this? Dee? or Ali?

38 minutes ago, beebs said:

...Just as warp-speed. I'll say one thing about RC, he definitely knows how to burn through story at a lightning pace.

No chance of six months of stalling and fakeout dream sequences.

The Robin return story on GH was stalled out way for an eternity, although that may have been due to Kimberly's miscarriage. 

1 minute ago, Roman said:

Which actress did this? Dee? or Ali?

Erika Slezak. 

Just now, DRW50 said:

The Robin return story on GH was stalled out way for an eternity, although that may have been due to Kimberly's miscarriage. 

Erika Slezak. 

oh..she ripped him?

1 minute ago, Roman said:

oh..she ripped him?

Dena. I don't think she ever said anything about Ron butchering OLTL.

43 minutes ago, Khan said:

And that's because no one, including Ken [!@#$%^&*] Corday, has never allowed DAYS to be anything but.  When you watch YT clips of golden-era DAYS from the '70's and even '80's, and then compare that to what the show became after JER....

God, I wish Al Rabin or Pat Falken Smith were still alive.

I will agree on all points with this. Sheri knew Days and knew how to write it. My guess is....NBC, Sony or both may have told Ken "you want this show to stay on the air? then those 3 will be allowed to do what they do, without your HACKERY BULLSHIT to interfere." I also think that they will not gut 6 months of story...but all that material may get some very, very heavy editing done so they can cut the time of filming and airdates much closer together....also allowing this new team to map out and write what they want to do. 

3 minutes ago, Roman said:

oh..she ripped him?

Oh no, Erika's fan club did an interview with her and she ripped into Dena when she was HW at OLTL and basically...told the truth about Dena's writing. She was out at OLTL within weeks.

I'm fairly certain Erika had an amiable relationship with RC, though after Dena, I'm sure that if she didn't, she'd have kept quiet.

Edited by beebs

47 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Eric Martsolf better get back into shape with Ron on his way....LOLOLOLOL

He didn't seem to mind JPL's flabby gut in those last years. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we see him back soon. I wonder if we'll get Tuc Watkins as well. Hell maybe he can be David Banning...

3 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

Dena. I don't think she ever said anything about Ron butchering OLTL.

Ok. I never watched OLTL but have heard about Ron and Dena over there....and some stories I'm hearing about her tonight? she sounds like she has been just outright EVIL to people she's worked with, so much so that some are LOL that she got fired. 

Just now, Roman said:

Ok. I never watched OLTL but have heard about Ron and Dena over there....and some stories I'm hearing about her tonight? she sounds like she has been just outright EVIL to people she's worked with, so much so that some are LOL that she got fired. 

What were the stories?