DAYS Gets ANOTHER head writer change

• Members

I have three pages of goodness to read through but wanted to comment that while I have tons of issues with Ronald, I do think he's exactly the type of writer that would benefit from being at DAYS. And with Sheri and Ryan "creative consultants" I hope that actually means something. I seriously will take Ron over Higley a hundred times over.

As long as the show's still around ...

Ugh. This is one of the reasons I hate this man. A gay man can't even write for them. Thanks for killing the tiny bit of happiness I could have gotten out of this bizarre news.

But that requires him paying attention. He needs to get off that golf course first ... You give him far too much credit. He NEEDS to pay attention. He doesn't.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem at GH was twofold: Yeah, that was awful filler Ron should be justly criticized for, but in terms of airtime vs. quality it was also apparently all they could get onscreen. Frank was evidently quite risk-averse after the Kish ratings issues at OLTL, and he made the call back then.

• Members

So Frank's why all the gays got were Golden Girls marathons? LOL. Can't say that doesn't surprise me. Ron was writing for them, as bad as the triangle was .... I'll wait and see on this one because he hasn't given me a ton to be thrilled about with his writing for the gays. I'd rather they be off-screen and appear like they do now. You can almost tell with his writing what he didn't want to write (most of it) and that he more or less said "[!@#$%^&*] it" at some point.

• Members

Well, a massive fan petition did assist in getting her fired one of those times. Not to mention when the leading lady of the soap opera you just spent three years writing for speaks out against you when she speaks out against next to no one .... Higley puts the H in Hack and I for one am thrilled she's gone from DAYS. FINALLY! We should have been spared the last year and all of this mess. She never should have been brought back.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Good. I hope she keeps to her word. 

That aside, they seriously need to dump all the footage in the can and start fresh. Cheap or not, they need to do whatever to regain fans and watching Dena's material all the way to August ain't gonna cut it. 

While I don't like Ron, I do think he is vast improvement from Dena. I also think that DAYS might be up his speed. DAYS has always been a campier show than the rest (thanks to JER), so he might do OK. Glad that Sheri will be there to reign his goofy ass in if he gets too out of control.  

• Members

That Dorian [!@#$%^&*], while not excusable, was never meant to be taken seriously. It should have been but I was never offended or hurt or bothered by it. He's very hit or miss though but I think DAYS is right up his alley so I'm desperate for my show to be entertaining again. It's got all the right materials, the right people, the script writers are good, but the overall direction of the show sucks. If it can maintain a good crew, it will be fine. One of Ron's problems is his poor script writers.

LOL sad but true

Archived