All My Children Reunion on Home & Family

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Currently watching, and yes, so full of love and respect for the show. It's like a reunion/retrospective for a classic primetime rerun staple. I like the fact that the people on Home and Family allow their guests to speak.

Cameron Mathison is officially in the "never ages" category. He looks exactly the same as he did when I started watching nearly 16 years ago. Better, actually.

I have so much love for MEK, and that's not something that was necessarily there when the show was still on. I don't think it's too late for him to get that one big role that breaks him into the mainstream.

Bob Nixon looks exactly like his mother.

• Members

I just watched it this morning as well. 

The few times I've seen Kim Delaney show up at these types of things, she just strikes me as cold. I kind of felt like she showed up because she had nothing better to do and that she doesn't remember most of it anyway. I do wish Darnell and/or Debbi had been there, esp.Darnell. I'd be more interested to see a Jesse/Jenny reunion.

The last time I saw Michael Knight he was the victim in an NCIS episode who gets killed in the first minute.

Peter being there doesn't surprise me. He always seems willing to reminisce, he often contributed when the mags did their tribute pieces. 

I did cry during the memorial segment, both for the loss of the actors but also at Susan's reactions, esp. shaking her head when Larkin popped up, like it shouldn't have happened.

I wish they had cut out some of the stuff like the lip thing, the fashion show, although I do appreciate that the show has a habit of reuniting show casts. I don't regularly watch it but, from time to time, I hear they do these reunions. The Little House one was nice, too.

• Members

I didn't really mind the other segments. It looks like they try to fit in all of that type of stuff with whatever the theme of the episode is, and I thought it was so neat that they did a scrapbooking thing as a tribute to AMC's opening titles. I can't say it enough, they really put some thought into this.

I agree with you on Kim Delaney. Gracious and appropriate, but always aloof, as if she doesn't really know or remember how huge Greg and Jenny were. Debbi and Darnell would have fit in perfectly with the other guests, but I guess they only had room for so many people.

I'm so thankful this was done by a production outside of the soap industry (or network TV industry, even). They showed more love and appreciation than the people who were supposed to show that ever did. In many ways, it was better than the special episode of The View from 9/23/11.

Archived