Y&R casts new AA male role

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1 on the excuse. It's just that. An excuse. I don't think for a second that the show is afraid to break up Lane. It just suits their agenda of not wanting to write for Lily or do anything with her. If anyone around there gets the idea to move Cane on to Abby or Mariah long term, Lane would be toast.  And it wouldn't matter how much Lane fans screamed. 

• Members

Romantically.

I haven't seen it onscreen either. They aren't even friends. But that hasn't stopped many folks on every board i visit (except this one), twitter, and Facebook from expecting and wanting it to happen. It's especially prevalent in FB. 

• Members

LMBO..it's more along the lines of Mariah deserves to be loved and spoiled by the handsome billionaire instead of  evil hilary. But I'm sure that when they realize that isn't going to happen, it'll turn into wishing mariah would sue him for all he's worth for hilary tripping her. It kinda already did when he gave hilary her job back around Christmas. 

• Members

Definitely the trappings. But I've watched soaps long enough to know that Mariah and Devon ain't happening by what I see onscreen. They barely share scenes and haven't had one personal conversation. Juxtapose that against Chelsea and Nick. It's blatantly obvious to me. The show seems to be telling one story while the fans see another. Recipe for story failure. Fans are sitting up waiting on Devon to finally dump hilary for good and to move onto someone "more worthy". I doubt that's what this is. 

• Members

From what I gather, they just don't like Devon using his money to pamper Hilary despite her being his wife. Plus they also seemed put out that he chose Hilary over Mariah so they wanted Mariah to win in another way. Although, there wasn't really a choice to make. But expectation was there that he'd be the one to see a gem in Mariah and place her on a rung above Hilary. Choose her. When he didn't, they wanted him to lose too. Lol. 

Archived