Y&R casts new AA male role

• Members

No misunderstanding @DramatistDreamer. It was a general question, I'm seeing that from a few posters. Just because you mentioned him doesn't mean it was necessarily in response to you. I didn't quote you.

I was also being sarcastic about the newcomer. I hope he succeeds but the past tells us otherwise. Really don't understand the confusion or defensiveness over it? I wasn't at all referring to you.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's still the same. Hilary's with Devon  like she was with Mason when Red was there. 

But like i said earlier, Hilary will be thrown at him and lily to floar whatever theur story is. I have no doubt. She's way to polarizing for them not do it. Wonder where that leaves devon. 

• Members

You have Hillary & Mason, Lily & Redaric, while Devon didn't have anybody. That didn't set right with the writers.

They not going to keep this black guy for too long. He's too dark for that. So, in the end Devon & Hillary is safe. But I'm worry where this leaves Neil.

• Members

Sally has spent some energy trying to sell hilary's love for Devon. I can't see her totally having it be a full blown love triangle with devon and the new guy on equal footing with her affections. That'll just erase Sally's progress. And isn't it obvious folks are tired of devon chasing and fighting for Hilary. The show has to know that. A large swath of the audience would rather see him dump her for mariah anyway. 

My prediction: I think they'll try him with lily hard.  If that doesn't work on its own, they'll insert hilary as her rival. devon will finally dump hilary to facilitate it. She will be already pregnant and use this guy to cover the way Chelsea did with Dylan. Then they'll tell a triangle with him, Hilary, and lily to try to float him and lily again. Once that's over, they'll pair hilary back with devon like they always do. 

Oh, and I'm convinced that Devon will get Cane's addiction story to occupy him while they do whatever with Lily, Hilary, and new guy. 

Oh, I'm pretty sure devon and hilary are safe. I'm just curious as to how far will the show go. How much effort will they expend? 

• Members

Are Lane fans executives in charge of anything?  Sally came in and immediately canned Philly because she's in charge. Lane is the excuse that's used when a HW doesn't wish to be bothered. 

Not sure why anyone believes this "black for pay" limited actress has any juice with YR 🙄🙄🙄

• Members

Those are pretty bad, I used to get them years ago. I think it was the office I was in, plus the stress that exacerbated it. I still have minor bouts but not so bad anymore- anyway the doctor won't prescribe anything for me, so I'm guessing it's relatively mild. 

Hope you get better sleep and that this will help you feel better.

The execs and writers are even more to blame for giving in to them.

Archived