Y&R Promo:Steaming Things Up

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gloria is alright in small doses but she should not be in the driving seat of this storyline...at all. DO, NOT, WANT!

I'm no expert on the way promos are run but it seems like Lauren's Fenmore storyline is being put as 3rd priority to the other two and the Chloe/Kevin thing is not even a storyline.

I've been trying to give this show the benefit of the doubt, posting critiques and kudos fairly but this is slightly disheartening looking at such a poor promo. I hope the stories pan out better than this promo but seeing Gloria take a prominent role instead of being behind Lauren, who needs to be the primary driver of this storyline, makes me have my doubts.

• Members

I was hoping that, as part of the 'revitalization' of Fenmores, someone (Phyllis?) would suggest a makeover for Lauren to update her look. Phyllis herself can be brassy, but that's beside the point.

Please register in order to view this content

Lauren needs a haircut, something that complements her bone structure and she would benefit from a suit, or dress or skirt/pants/blouse wardrobe that is edgy and subtlely sexy, not trashy. Let's begin right there!

That side-bouffant pony she wore on Thurs/Friday's episodes weren't working for her- they looked much better on Mary Ann in Gilligan's Island.

• Members

The sad part is, he was just fine as the dangerous, murderous pedophile. Even when he was made into Michael's brother, they could have had a lot of drama with that (even using him to further redempt Michael), before writing him off.

He went from trying to burn young girls alive to being a pretend lovable, quorky hero, in ten seconds flat. Was, is, and always will be horrifying. 

Archived