Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toups

2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

135 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2017 at 4:50 PM, glatwt said:

Regarding Y&R, is Sara Bibel the new script editor and why are there now two script writers listed after the BW?? 

 This description of Ms. Bibel's duties are listen on the Linked IN page

 

Staff Writer, The Young and the Restless

Bell Dramatic Serial Company
 – Present (8 months)Greater Los Angeles Area

Write scripts for America's number 1 daytime drama averaging over 4.5 million viewers per week. First episode aired January 17, 2017. Responsible for writing a complete hour long episode a week. Participate in script and story meetings with producers and network executives. Pitch ideas for longterm storylines.

 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarabibel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oakdalelover said:

 This description of Ms. Bibel's duties are listen on the Linked IN page

 

Staff Writer, The Young and the Restless

Bell Dramatic Serial Company
 – Present (8 months)Greater Los Angeles Area

Write scripts for America's number 1 daytime drama averaging over 4.5 million viewers per week. First episode aired January 17, 2017. Responsible for writing a complete hour long episode a week. Participate in script and story meetings with producers and network executives. Pitch ideas for longterm storylines.

 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarabibel

She is no longer writing individual scripts. She hasn't for a few months; she hasn't updated her profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like she has a co-HW or Associate Writer role that Tracey Thomson had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y&R changed the way they listed the writers.  After Sally's name, we have Sara Bibel, Janice Esser and Matt Clifford, then the breakdown and script writer. Seems that Esser has been promoted now that they hired another script writer, Bruce Neckels.  Hopefully, Esser is contributing to story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAYS:

- Andrea Archer Compton last listed as Script Writer on July 18

- Dena Higley & Ryan Quan last listed as Co-Head Writers on July 18

- Ryan Quan & Sheri Anderson first listed as Story Consultants on July 19

- Ron Carlivati first listed as Head Writer on July 19

 

Ryan and Sheri aren't listed as "Story Consultants" though.  They're listed under Ron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was clear from the announcement of Ron's hire that Quan and Anderson are "creative consultants"  Ron doesn't write by committee but it makes sense that he'd have consultants for Days history. Smart move to have someone who wrote the show in 80s and 90s along with Quan who's been with staff in the 2000s.  They can answer questions, fill in history etc.  What will be interesting to see if Ron makes any breakdown or script writer changes. From a script recently posted the  breakdown writers are still the same a few months from now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some assistance required, please.

The 7/21/17 (yes, I'm now used to the way the US does the dates) episode of the Young and the Restless was scripted by a fellow called Adam Samuel. 

Any information? Many Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, UK LAW said:

Some assistance required, please.

The 7/21/17 (yes, I'm now used to the way the US does the dates) episode of the Young and the Restless was scripted by a fellow called Adam Samuel. 

Any information? Many Thanks

Adam Samuel is actually Adam Samuel Morina.. Sally Sussman and Tony Morina's 24 year old son.  Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

Adam Samuel is actually Adam Samuel Morina.. Sally Sussman and Tony Morina's 24 year old son.  Wow

24? Blimey! Good for him, I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.