2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brent Boyd was script editor not a breakdown writer.  He did the re writes at the studio and edited.  Bibel must be taking his place.  I wonder if Lloyd Gold is out as breakdown writer? He hasn't written in two weeks.  And they brought in lame Lisa Seidman as break down writer.  They rarely keep six on staff. Don't be surprised if other FOJ go i.e. Conforti and Thompson.  I don't believe Sally will keep those writers around long term.  

• Members

Thomson out is no surprise.  They kept her on for three months probably in name only to fulfill her contract.  There was no indication that Sally was collaborating with the any part of the old regime.  Sally's version from day 1 was completely different from Pratt/Thomson.

• Members

Right now, here is the current writer's list

Written by

Sally Sussman (rehire/originally hired by Bill Bell)

Story Consultant 

Kay Alden (rehire/originally hired by Bill Bell)

Breakdowns by

Michael Conforti (Phelps/Griffith hire)
Natalie Slater (Bell hire)

Jeff Beldner (Maria Bell hired)

Chris Dunn (Pratt hired)

Lisa Seidman  (rehire/originally hired by Griffith)

(Lloyd Gold) hasn't written a show in last three weeks, may be gone? (Passanante hire)

Script Editor 

Sara A. Bibel (Brent Boyd is out in next few weeks) (rehire/originally hired by Alden/Smith)

Scripts by

Janice Esser (rehired by Maria Bell/originally hired by Bill Bell

Susan Dansby (Maria Bell/Hogan Sheffer hire; had worked with Sheffer on ATWT)

Mandy Beall (Maria Bell hired from AMC after writer's strike)

Christian McLaughlin (worked under Latham but may have written a few shows before her?)

Michael Montgomery (rehire/was writer's assistant during Alden/Smith I believe, was occasional writer under Latham and Maria Bell)

Who's been fired:

Pratt (Phelps hire)

Thomson (Phelps hire)

Boyd (Phelps/Griffith hire)

Taylor (Phelps/Pratt hire)

Hall (Phelps/Pratt hire)

Gold? (Phelps/Passanante hire)

• Members

Sheri Anderson wrote today's Days script. Very interesting that she was brought in back in the fall or last summer and yet the head/writer change was announced in January.  Clearly, the producers were gearing up for a possible renewal and Higley was on her way out back in the summer of 2016 or they wouldn't have been involving Anderson.  

The screen cap posted was from today's episode. I did a short stint as a script writer before being hired as creative consultant.

Archived