Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toups

2017: The Directors and Writers Thread

156 posts in this topic

There's a monetary reason Days keeps more than five outline and more than five script writers on staff.  It keeps all the writers from getting one script a week, and I think that is a cheaper way to go re payments/benefits.  I read somewhere that union not happy about it.  Plus Days writes in a compressed time frame, no one is working 52 weeks a year.  Days also is cycling through writers, giving them between 6 and 18 scripts before their done: Mark Higley, John Newman, Edwin Klein, Sheri Anderson, Andrea Archer, Danielle Page.  I won't be surprised if Levinson or Taylor writes 2 scripts a month for less than a year before being let go.  These seem to be guest writer slots.

Edited by RavenWhitney

On 22/07/2017 at 9:45 AM, UK LAW said:

24? Blimey! Good for him, I say.

Well, it helps if your mother is the head writer...

3 hours ago, Toups said:

Y&R:

- Scott McKinsey first listed as Director on July 31

I was about to post this. Is he freelancing? Or is this permanent move?

4 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

didn't he direct a few DAYS episodes not long ago as well? 

Yep, he directed a couple of episodes on DAYS just last week.

McKinsey's now freelancing at Y&R, DAYS and GH (unless Y&R gave him a contract.....time will tell).   As for if he fits into Y&R's style.......Y&R has no style anymore, unfortunately.  You sometimes see glimpses of old-school-Y&R if Sally McDonald or Dean LaMont directs. 

1 minute ago, Toups said:

As for if he fits into Y&R's style.......Y&R has no style anymore, unfortunately.  You sometimes see glimpses of old-school-Y&R if Sally McDonald or Dean LaMont directs. 

I was going to say the same thing. It's not a matter of style at all. None of the soaps has a signature look or style anymore. :(

6 minutes ago, YRBB said:

I was going to say the same thing. It's not a matter of style at all. None of the soaps has a signature look or style anymore. :(

I know.  It sucks.  Before, when storylines were bad, you could at least watch for the directing or listen for the really good background music.  But we can't even get that anymore.