GH: January Discussion

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More years for Jean and Shelley? Hell no. The way this train wreck is going, I'll be shocked if this isn't the year ABC pulls out of soaps altogether. New blood is needed. But I think ABC doesn't care and wants these hacks to erode ratings enough to justify yanking this show.

• Members

People have been saying this since 2012 and GH aint cancelled lol. Its thriving. ABC has failed in all their new daytime programming. Fablife didnt even get a third of GH audience. If anything Jean and Shelly should be creating a new soap for abc it would do well.

• Members

If indeed they'd fire Frank, who would they get to replace him?  Who'd even want that job?  Wendy Riche has now drunk from the online/primetime urn, so I doubt she'd ever come back.  I haven't lost complete faith in Frank, believe it or not.  I think he'd probably do alot better with a bigger budget than what he has to work with presently.  

• Members

Well, I guess it could always be worse. That's true, who'd want the job? I've numerous times that a lot of writers don't even want to HW anymore because of the interference so that's why we recycle the same hacks. I think he's a problem in the sense that he has his pets, but that's also every producer or writer. I mean, even the people on Twitter know he has his pets. I mentioned this hashtag before but I saw #GHVetsoverFranksPets and I just LOL'd. He knows viewers want to see the vets and they're being used slightly better than Ron used them.

• Members

I've noticed an uptick in vet appearances in the last few weeks, which is good.  However, I did want to clarify that I am not really a Frank supporter, or a Jelly supporter for that matter.  I confess that I am a softie.  I hate to see anyone lose their job against their will, even producers or writers who don't deliver.  So, for that reason alone, I was upset when RC lost his job.  And Garin Wolf before him.

• Members

Getting rid of Roger Howarth and Michelle Stafford would be the best thing that could happen to GH.  Those two have totally ruined the continuity of the show....no matter who they throw at them, they still stink.

Archived