Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think it's great that Devon is getting a fleshed out POV in this break up and a chance to self reflect.  The character was neglected by past writers, but it looks like he's going to get more now. 

They did one of the things I hate most on soaps today, which is have he woman agree to leave with nothing. This is such a pet peeve of mine, especially in Hillary's case.  She basically just told Chelsea she has no family, no money and no job. Does it make a lick of sense for any smart woman to put herself in that position? Yes, I know it's done so we believe she really loves Devon, but I still hate it.  How about loving yourself enough to not put yourself in such a vulnerable position.

Overall, I'm enjoying the show a lot. It has a depth that it lacked in recent years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think what's not going to happen is HT coming back.  It's more likely than VR coming back, but I just don't see it.  For me, she's the only other Victoria, I want to see.  I like AH enough that I would never want to see the role recast for some random newbie. Not after 10 years.

I also think that SS is trying to make Victoria a little more the way she used to be and that's why she's being written as kind of hard towards Reed.  It's kind of jarring.

• Members

I liked Devon/Jill scenes today. Long overdue considering both characters involvement with Katherine. That, however, falls on the past several regimes. At least Sussman is attempting to build/rebuild relationships that should have actually been done over the years. The frank conversation between Jill and Billy about getting pregnant on purpose--never expected that to happen.

• Members

I liked Jill/Devon too.  I kept trying to remember the last time they'd shared scenes together lol.  But it was well done and I agree, overdue.  

It was surprising to hear Jill say that to Billy, huh?  I was like...wait, what did she say?  Lol

I liked that Chelsea was supportive if Hilary, they may not become besties but it was good to see at least one woman in GC that isn't calling Hil names.  

@ryanc Today was a solid show.  I could even tolerate Lily.

And Mishael was again wonderful.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Enjoyed the show. I think this is the most interesting Devon and Hilary have ever been. And BJ and MiM are rising to the challenge. They are both bring very honest with themselves about the issues in their marriage. I know some hate that Hilary doesn't want anything from this divorce but Iove it. Pratt rewrote Hevon's story to turn Hilary into a gold digger when she was never portrayed as that. Sally is setting that to rights. Hilary keeps whining about this baby that she never knew she wanted. She's either pregnant now or she and devon will give into a moment of passion and she will become pregnant. Too much baby talk to not happen. 

Did anyone notice that cut from hilary talking about thinking she could have it all to lily looking at her pictures? That was well done and an anvil I do believe. What is Cane's problem? He met lily when she was modeling. 

I don't think hilary will work for Chelsea although I want that friendship built up. The show is dedicated to GC Buzz. I think they are also dedicated to Hilary having this independent "star" career. 

I still don't like how the show insists on playing devon as the reluctant billionaire. Stop it. There is only a small set of folks in that town that has earned anything. Definitely none his age. Just stop! 

The press for Billy is in full effect. I still don't love him. And the more the show push the more I roll my eyes. Reed telling vikki he's ready for sex. I've got 2 adult nephews. They'd never say such things aloud to an elder. Let alone a parent. 

It was a good show. I enjoyed it. 

Well they are struggling for Chelsea to have something to do...so...

• Members

The actor is great but he is not Billy. Now was the time to bring back David Tom and move Billy completely away from Pod Victoria.

I don't care for the story of Victoria being a parent to Reed. It is another boring mess from Sally Sussman.

• Members

Yes, I'm with you here.

Well said.  I agree BJ and MM were very good today, both together and in their scenes with others.  It is obvious that Hil will get pregnant, but I'm looking forward to seeing how their story develops.  

I like Reed, the only way I can imagine him telling Vic that was because they haven't been close in many years?  The mother/son bond is broken...idk.  Or meant to come across as something said in the heat of the moment, but it wasn't set up correctly.

Anyway, it was a solid episode.

Archived