Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not particularly. We already know the lying isn't even on Hilary. Stitch told them all to lie. What's the point? To prove Hilary is still a liar? Then what? They divorce? They can do that without months if Hilary lying and Devon making knowing eyes behind her back. 

• Members

This amnesia nonsense helped me pull Y&R off DVR and back to reading dailies - it's bad enough amnesia cliche was brought in (when the drama of what happened v. Hilary by Devon's bedside would be enough conflict), but to have the whole 'don't stress Devon with the truth' when most of the people Devon associates were there and it was all over the media - it's just dumb. I don't see how either character fares well if they stay in the relationship - at least for now. I have no issue with couples working they way back to each other, but, in the meantime, put Hilary with Jack and try Devon with Abby or Mariah. And have these characters date - no need for instant romance

• Members

Gawd ....the Dylan story...zzzzzzzzz....so boring...who cares!!!!!

The Lauren story ...another failure....boring......

Devon...eh...don't care about him or his adulterous affair with his dad's wife....and now boo hoo ....he is wronged oh but its my fault for taking her from dad....don't care....

Sally Sussaman equals boredom.

• Members

How many times is someone going to declare that "You've put DYLAN in GRAVE DANGER!  You've RISKED HIS SAFETY!!"  Sharon did it, Kevin did it, Paul has now done it....what is this mission anyway?  Does anyone know why a local police officer would be going out of State to try and accomplish some operation???  Uh, that would either be a Federal matter, or a matter for Miami local police to pursue (if they care)...you don't just send City police to another state on some mission.... Good Lord. 

• Members

I was pretty sure you were aware of that. Soaps have always played fast and loose with medical/legal issues but that worked a little better when viewers were less aware of such trivia as legalities. My eyebrows have flown up into my hairline at totally wrong things I've heard on soaps. I really wish they would quit making it up as they go along, especially since it's rarely vital to the story.

It would be nice if the Winters would become the exception, but that's obviously not going to happen. Hillary and Devon would have problems to overcome no matter what, and those are the problems I want to see them working through. I like Hillary and I don't see her as a gold-digger or she would be pushing Devon to buy expensive baubles so she has stuff to sell when she moves on.

I despise both Lily and Cane and I freely admit I zone out when Lily starts running her diarrhea mouth. IRL she would get slapped about 10 times a day or more. She really needs to keep that mouth to herself. It's not as if she's some prize heifer. Seems as if Y&R's writers like to use Lily to provide a voice for viewers who have that other set of opinions, as if they might shut up and go away if they hear their version of reality come out of her mouth.

And then there's Neal. I used to like him and feel sorry for the poor schmuck for being married to Drucilla but he's done too many screwed up things in recent years. He's one character I would love to see redeemed.

• Members

I'm wondering if Hilary or Devon will consult lawyers this go around. Or is this just more of the same angst? It's hard to tell. 

I don't see Hilary as a gold digger either. It's not like she immediately hopped on Devon. But I do recognize that Pratt spent a year rewriting all that and telling us that she is now only about money and status...then stardom. So we can't be surprised when folks think she is. 

As for Lily, she's used as the Hilary whisperer. Everything that Lily says about Hilary has always come true. She was used to tell us hilary's purpose in her behavior because Pratt didn't trust viewers to see it on our own.  I'm now wondering if Sally is using her the same way. Hard to tell. 

• Members

I'm giving it a few months but it looks like I will be left with zero soaps. I will be officially done with soaps soon if Sally Sussman doesn't start writing better stories. I already gave up B&B at the beginning of the year and don't miss it at all.

• Members

Great idea! I'd be totally down to see MM/JT steam it up and destroy Villy and make Jill and Ashley go bonkers. I fall to Jack because there is a long established personal and professional relationship there and it would be an easier transition relationship to move Hilary forward. 

• Members

Actually, I think Hilary needs a man without money to prove that she's not only about that. But there aren't any in town. No to kevin. 

so, I'll take billy. But I'm tired of seeing hilary fight with an entire jfamily over a romance. Having abbots against her and billy is just the same story they told with devon and Winters. What's the point of moving to billy to do that? Might as well keep her with devon. 

@GMac

Archived