Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally got a chance to see the show. Poor Sharon will be crying over Dylan's badge for the next 6 months. 

I still don't know who thought it was a good idea to put Kevin in law enforcement. And who wrote the IT guy as Dylan's POC. Hard time digesting that. 

I thought the way Devon found out was lackluster. Hilary saw them talking but didn't rush over to pull Devon away. That didn't make an ounce of sense. She had ample time to prior to her phone call. Bryton played those scenes well. How many actors on this show would have totally forgotten that their character was hurting and dropped the thread in the heat of the moment. He consistently plays that throughout. I thought Bryton and Mishael elevated a weak script yet again. So much has happened between Devon ans Hilary in 3 years and none of it was mentioned. *sigh* I despair over these scriptwriters. They are such a weak link. But I did think the confrontation was compelling. Hilary tried her usual tricks and none worked.  She knows this is different. That part did work. 

The show is doing a good job building Ravi. Instead of pairing him with Mariah or Abby or even Ashley, I'm getting the feeling his perfect parents will pick out the perfect Indian girl for him. I'm expecting her to arrive sometime by the end of the year. 

Overall, I enjoyed the show though. So that's all that matters. I want to know what happens to dylan and how that effects Sharon.  I want to know if devon will forgive hilary. I care.  The show has done it's job. 

• Members

The show did the same with Chelsea then turned around and had her get pregnant like a month later. Lol

It'd be typical of the show to do that though. So i can definitely see a miscarriage. But for some reason I am not thinking this is a redemption story for Hilary. I don't necessarily think the show wants her redeemed but rather have the audience accept her how she is and allow Devon to remain with her regardless. So, I'm thinking she has this baby to facilitate that. It was him wanting a baby, not her. Maybe she hides it for a while to see if he takes her back cause she doesn't want him with her just for a baby. That'a very un-vixen like but I can see them pulling that. 

• Members

They gave lily one of each cause she'd never have another. 19 and sterile. What a mess! I also think they decided that the next generation needed a boy and a girl and they NEVER planned on Devon having any cause he wasn't ever going to have a real romance. If hevon does have this kid, I wouldn't be shocked if they killed off one of lily's so little Katie van get a new kidney. No, no...it'll be Faith. 

But only newmans are allowed more than one kid. Anyone else who has more than one didn't have the others on canvas when the younger were born. Look at Michael and Lauren, Ashley, Tracy, etc. 

Archived