Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Has Neil truly paid for his misdeeds?  I haven't watched for awhile so I missed most of the hilary story everyone is mentioning.  If not, maybe having him pay by losing everything would be a good way to repair the character.

If Lauren had the have someone in the fen more story....why not Jill instead of Gloria?  Or is this an area Sussman is ignoring?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apart from Dylan In Miami, today worked for me.

As always, Sharon Case is doing some good work here and her scenes with DD were nicely done.  I'm glad they didn't have Paul knocking down her door screaming at her.  And I liked her sharing pictures of him with Paul.  These kind of moments is why I love soap.

Hilary/Devon was compelling.  I know we've all seen this coming but I like the way it was structured with Mariah telling him what happened with the overlay of the flashback scenes.  I dreaded them getting back to the penthouse, and Devon was pretty harsh with her.  But it was compelling nonetheless. ere I am invested in this couple at this point and am looking forward to seeing where this story takes them.

Ravi and Ashley - two thumbs up from this viewer.  The guy playing Ravi has a unique charisma that I hadn't really noticed until today.  I like him.

And I'll even say that Jack and Gloria were interesting today.  Gloria hasn't been on a whole lot this week, and I can tolerate her when JC tones it down a bit and isn't on-screen everyday.

And the Dylan story - I was buying it when he was in Genoa City.  This move to "Miami" has thrown me off and honestly, it's a miss.  They built up a good exit for the character and if the scenes of him on assignment would have been better produced, it wouldn't have been as jarring and disconnected from the rest of the show. 

• Members

I was waiting to see Jill pop up in the Fenmore story. I realize Sally doesn't like the sister connection, and neither do I, but they are both onscreen now so how can she ignore it? It's the elephant in the room when I'm watching. If she wants do undo the connection she should do it, but ignoring it really doesn't work.

Jill would have been better than Gloria in the story. Jill can be funny without being over the top. I don't mind Gloria in the background or here and there, but she's too cartoony for me. I'm thrown out of the drama.

• Members

But doesn't Jill own 50% of Fenmores? That's the last thing I remembered. If Jill owns half she should be in on looking for a new investor. Lauren has no right no to exclude her. Maybe Chancellor Industries could provide the cash too. She bailed Billy out why not Lauren?

Archived