Actress Debbie Reynolds Rushed To Hosp. After Stroke

Roman

• Members

I think the show was on the wane, but the lottery crap - which was all Roseanne's idea, which she did because ABC did not buy her planned remake of Absolutely Fabulous and she decided to refit her show into a version of it instead - destroyed it completely. It could've gone out with dignity in Season 8, which IIRC is what John Goodman and Lecy Goranson and most of the cast had expected when they signed for that year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The 8th season was 100% supposed to be it's last. At least the finale made up for the trash of Season 9. And look what she did to the Dan character. That really pissed me off at the time. Clearly being punished for running for the hills.

Anyway, back to Debbie Reynolds....

• Members

I thought the finale was awful. People confuse it being memorable with it being good. The ending was (IMO) a ludicrous betrayal of the entire show and all of its characters just so Roseanne could be punitive about a handful of castmembers and creative battles she lost both recently and years prior, like her onscreen sister being gay like her RL one. She undid the hated lottery season that only she liked, but did so by ripping the entire show's guts out to prove a point to the audience. I also thought her entire monologue and the terrible final Phoebe Snow song was dreadful and so not the show. I mean, ending it on a D.H. Lawrence quote? Really?

• Members

Here's the lineup

“TCM Remembers Debbie Reynolds,” airing Friday, Jan. 27, features:

6 am | It Started With A Kiss (1959): After a whirlwind courtship, an Army officer and his wacky wife try to make their marriage work

7:45 am | Bundle Of Joy (1956): A shop girl is mistaken for the mother of a foundling

9:30 am | How The West Was Won (1963): Three generations of pioneers take part in the forging of the American West

12:30 pm | The Tender Trap (1955): A swinging bachelor finds love when he meets a girl immune to his line

2:30 pm | Hit The Deck (1955): Sailors on leave in San Francisco get mixed up in love and show business

4:30 pm | I Love Melvin (1953): A photographer’s assistant promises to turn a chorus girl into a cover girl

6 pm | Singin’ In The Rain (1952): A silent-screen swashbuckler finds love while trying to adjust to the coming of sound

8 pm | The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964, pictured above): A musical biography of the backwoods girl who struck it rich in Colorado and survived the Titanic

10:30 pm | The Mating Game (1959): A tax agent falls for a farm girl whose father he’s investigating

12:30 am | The Catered Affair (1956): A working-class mother fights to give her daughter a big wedding whether the girl wants it or not

2:15 am | The Singing Nun (1965): Fanciful biography of the Belgian nun who briefly made the hit parade

4 am | How Sweet It Is! (1968): A married couple’s working vacation in Paris turns into a battle to stay faithful

Archived