B&B: Actress taken off contract??

• Members

They would have had a *hitload more of story had there been some kind of discourse against the Maya/Rick whole "love story".  Not everyone would agree with Maya/Myron, but everyone did.  Yet he wrote this story so that everyone fell in love with Maya/Myron except the parents.  When that played out, it was so badly done.  She was the "lead Model". Yet no one around town, no paparazzi...no one recognized Maya or even when she went back to the apartment above Daisy's or whatever it was called.  So badly done.  Sorry - even L.A. isn't that accepting when something like that comes out.  Those are the chances to really write a decent show.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dont don't get me started on Brad not only destroying the first lead ethnic character, but also turning it into a pathetic liberal utopian PSA. C'mon the worldly Barney Fife concluded Maya was trans from the estrogen. It was insulting to KM and to the trans community. KM could've had meaty dramatic material navigating through doubters, paparazzi, haters, etc. Instead, her big drama was prerreveal - being blackmailed by her previously unknown sister. 

Back to LG, Caroline and Maya had a believable rivalry. I hope they change their mind and keep LG. 

• Members

Not very surprising. This is the result of a long line of bad decisions regarding her character and writing her into a corner. I think breaking Caroline and Rick up was the first bad decision. I loved them together. I didn't like her with Ridge, AT ALL, and thanks to the politically correct transgender storyline there was no room for a Maya/Rick/Caroline triangle 3.0. And then of course she got paired with Thomas... the less said about that the better.

• Members

I've noticed that both CBS soaps never blink or even state there might be an issue with an interracial couple.  I think it's wonderful that they're all so accepting, but do you think Victor Newman wouldn't say something when Abby was engaged to Tyler?  I live in the real world of blended families, but nothing has ever been that smooth.  I don't need a PSA, just honest story telling.

• Members

As long as it's a BW/WM. YR did nothing with Abby and Tyler. Then he just disappeared. As I predicted, he would be the only casualty of the Mariah/Tyler/Abby triangle. 

CBS has no problem with Lily stripping for Cane (or, insert white male) but black men barely touch white women on this network!  

What a joke!  Not one of the black characters has there own place to live. None are even worth a new [or even old] set.  

Archived