Is This New Y&R Casting For Real???!

• Members

Y&R is casting a new Moses but have they forgotten who Moses' mother is and what she looks like?!  I was on hiatus from Y&R duing most of this time but even I know what Sophia looks like!

SMH does Y&R think that Lily and Cane are this child's parents?!

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS Recasts Neil's Son With Child Actor Dax Randall!

Why does Y&R continue to do this?!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're a month past our outrage. Lol.

I actually think that child was cast to fit in with lily (who is poorly cast) and Devon (who isn't bio).

Or, cause the casting director doesn't understand the nuance in the physical appearance of black people. It might be the latter when you consider what new Charlie looks like. They should be swapped. 

• Members

I dropped out of watching Y&R for several months and missed this. It's still being brought up on spoiler sites/boards as if it is brand new information.

Please register in order to view this content

Y&R has a history of doing this. Seems as though they are trying to erase Sophia from the narrative- how shameful.

It's times like these that I miss my NYC based soaps, they weren't nearly as eggregious as the West Coast based ones.

• Members

Anything is possible, I guess. That still doesn't sway me from my original statement about Y&R's desire to erase Sophia from the narrative. 

I didn't watch, TBH but has Sophia accompanied Moses at all on these visits? I mean Daniel can come for a day and a half but Sophia can't make a visit to drop off/pick up her son once in a blue moon? 

For what it's worth, in terms of CK, for me, it's not really about her skin color but the way she carries herself, her attitude, her overall vibe. Even when she's being sassy, I don't really relate her sassiness to Dru or Malcolm. It's more believable to think she has more in common with Neil, imo. 

Talk about nurture over nature!

• Members

This new writer is just like any other writer. They don't care to write for black people. That's why I haven't watch under this new writing team.

This my problem with CK acting choices. I have no problem if she came on as somebody else but she's not a Barber/ Winters Clan to me.

• Members

It still burns me that Lily lacks education, ambition, and any definitive career. Each of which were defining traits for neil and Olivia (to an extent). 

Lily's claim to fame is playing sex kitten to an older man (a nobody con white man, at that). 

This is not the vision I had for her character when she was born. It's one of my biggest disappointments of this show. I recently penned a scathing letter to TPTB letting them know just that. It's absurd. And now I feel they've all but given up on the character now that the show has Hilary/MiM and Hevon. She's become an afterthought. 

I don't think there is much of a distinction onscreen between biracial and black on this show. 

• Members

Don't forget Lily being conveniently divested of her reproductive faculties after playing brood mare for the aforementioned nobody white con man's melanin deficient babies & being a THIRD GENERATION VICTIM OF RAPE by a violent white serial rapist pedophile WHO THE SHOW *AND* FANS DIDN'T FEEL WAS BEYOND REDEMPTION UNTIL HE BEGAN TORMENTING ONE OF THE SHOWS NUMEROUS WHITE INGENUES

Archived