GH is the only daytime soap to get a WGA nomination for the Daytime Drama Series category!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know.  While GH is the only soap on the air that I watch, and I should be supportive of the show and its personnel, I really have to question the WGA nomination for the writing this year.  Yes, the Morgan stuff was good, but will I laud those episodes five years from now?  Sorry, but no, I won't.  The last episode of General Hospital that I will remember for years to come was the 52nd Anniversary episode, written by Elizabeth Korte, with Ron Carlivati credited as HW.  That episode was dramatic, it ingeniously wove the show's past into the story, and the production values were really good.  That is the stuff awards are made of.  Nothing this year came even remotely close to that, I'm sorry to say. 

• Members

You 'should' be nothing! Fans don't owe their shows anything, including loyalty -- it's the shows that owe good writing & entertainment to the fans, a fact the soaps have forgotten for a while now while they capitalized on loyalty.

Archived