Y&R: "Home for the Holidays" Promo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This gives me so much hope. I hope it works out for the show.

It would be lovely if Mamie visited to have breakfast with the Abbotts and maybe brought along her famous muffins (I believe it was) before spending the majority of the return with her family. It would be lovely to see her again.

• Members

Yes. I have no desire to see Mamie serve Abbots.  that's a serious issue for me. She has no reason to still be their domestic. If you want to see her motherly (cooking, serving, passing out advice and warmth), send her over to Lily's to cook Christmas dinner for her own family ad love on nieces and nephews. She can visit the Abbots too. But keep her out of  the kitchen. 

• Members

I don't care for the imagery of after not seeing Mamie in almost a decade, the first images we see of her are serving people who are no longer her employers. It's bad enough that this character was named "Mamie" that has an unfortunate ring of Mammy to it.

Why couldn't Mamie visit her family first?  

What "stuff" would she be dropping off though? It's been years! That seems more than a bit contrived.

There are many things from Y&R's past history that I'd love to revisit, this idea with Mamie that's being conjured isn't one of them, TBH. It seems stuck in a time warp that I'd rather not return to.

Archived