Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

It felt more like Y&R than it has in forever. They overdid it a bit with the John Abbott stuff but that's a smallest-violin-in-the-world kind of complain. They book-ended the show with melancholic versions of Nadia's Theme, a wonderful touch. The Abbotts felt real. Like mentioned, Jess Walton (Jill finally sounded like herself) and Beth Maitland were phenomenal. I got more of a sense of Ashley than I have in a long time. Even Billy and Victoria were a little touching. And Victoria had a good start to a Victor/Victoria scene. Very, very promising.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pretty good!  

Best part?  The new regime skipped right over the visitation verdict. Huge 👍👍👍👍

A woman knowingly holds onto a kidnapped baby but she and her husband get to sue for visitation?  TRASH and I thank this regime for dropping it. Great job!  

• Members

Totally agree.  And this will sound silly but I caught the part where Billy was talking about Tracy and he acknowledged that she was already gone when he came along, was in NY, and an author...and I thought, thank God they're getting the timing correct.  Small detail but I like stuff like that because it gives a nod to history and is accurate...

• Members

I haven't seen the whole episode but thought it was great! John's voice over and the pictures followed by a flashback of John was a nice touch. I haven't paid attention to the opening credits in some time but noticed most of them in this episode were long time vets minus Lily and Cane at the end....blah.

• Members

On top of that, Nick immediately stopped demonizing Sharon. That was a huge plus for me.

It really was. I was even more excited that SSM featured on her first episode both Traci and Jill. That's a win from me!

I was thinking the same thing. A lot of the scenes would have benefited greatly from the classic cues and the show will never feel quite the same without them, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. As long as they get the right tone, we're good.

• Members

I think that the verdict stuff shouldnt be dropped...but resolved in an organic way.

I was watching some old school soap reruns...and stuff was resolved when a new regime took over....no dropping, etc.

With that said...I hope Mariah vs. Hilary isnt dropped with the new regime.

• Members

I don't think they dropped it. Half of the episode was about the fall out, and it was covered from many different angles, which is classic soap. Granted, they might zip through it, because it really was insufferable, but I'm fine with that.

Archived