Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone who disagrees with MTS's comments about the JFP era sets needs a reality check. They are hideous and bland and her GH aesthetic to a T. 

And of course she kept mum about it - JFP would have fired her in a second for such dissension because she can't handle criticism at all. 

• Members

Jill FP is a "mean Girl"  She basically career-wise executes actors.  No, wait.  Actresses she doesn't feel anything for or who don't kiss her a**.  That's why no one speaks out against her.  I hope she looks in the mirror sometime soon and figures out she's not a part of the desirable demographic and her ideas and methods stink to high heavens. 

• Members

Could you possibly be speaking of "Good girls are boring" JFP? After all those years in the business, she never figured out soaps need ingenues. And tentpole characters. And solid good characters to balance the evil. Maybe good characters aren't as exciting, but they're quite necessary.

• Members

JFP said good girls are boring. I disagreed with her when she said it and I still do. GH lost some of its soul when they killed off Emily and Georgie. They helped balance the mob turds.

Laura was a good girl before Luke raped her, and I never considered her boring. Good girls can be written with the many facets that make any characters interesting. It was a lack of imagination/creativity on JFP's part that she could not see that.

Edited: Apologies for the GH-centric nature of my comments. I came here following a notification link and forgot this is a Y&R thread.

• Members

LMBO. Never gonna happen. 

So to the show. 

Chelsea is glued to Nick's ass while he bonds with Christian without Connor anywhere in sight. That's a very bad look. 

The allergy thing is silly. why would Nick think to ask. why would dylan and Sharon think to tell. 

Devon finally fired Hilary. The ranting and raving viewers who want her "put in her place" finally got satisfaction. Now what? Mariah gets her job. And then? There is no story without Hilary. 

• Members

Ugh, Nick. UGH. Acting like a caveman again, instantly blaming Sharon. Of course, Morrow came alive with the baby and he really is trying to have a connection with MCE. But what was that sh!t about him changing his mind about Dylan and Sharon (for no reason) and then because of the video he suddenly decides to hate them again? Utter crap! Not to mention that he didn't seem to give two fυcks about Leah going to GC Buzz!

Kevin. As always, ew. And now he fully looks like a walking corpse, like an extra from The Vampire Diaries gone wrong. I like Chloe a lot currently.

YES for Mariah and Hilary drama. I do wonder if she'll convince Devon to let her keep her job. 

Archived