Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Decent episode, for sure. They're working on the characters. The preview for Monday looked good too. Can't wait.

Happy that Sharon became proactive and ensured she still has a job.

I am loving Lauren's story. TE has really sold the desperation in just two episodes.

Even Burton did decent work.

I even liked Jessie and Cane and appreciated the fact that, although Jessie gave Lily pause, she didn't act all jealous and insecure. If Chuck was writing, that would have happened for sure, but this felt like a deliberate character choice. But then she made me want her dead, as always. I'm so glad Neil was stunned at her shitty bitchiness and scolded her but I wanted him to tear that unlikeable, massive bitch of a daughter he has a new one.

Mariah was hilarious: "TV can bite me!"

Devon: "We need to get GC Buzz--"

Mariah: "Don't say it."

Devon: "buzzing again."

Mariah: "Aaaand you said it."

Please register in order to view this content

There's still too much going on (for my taste) but maybe they'll settle down once they've wrapped up stories and introduced more of the new stuff.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joshua Morrow, bless his genes, still looks like a frat boy and Gina Tognoni is all woman. I can't even envision them together.

I watched Wednesday and Thursday's episodes twice. They weren't masterpieces but they felt rich and deliberate and like they were there to set things in motion.

I'm less enthusiastic for today's episode because it includes a lot of people I'm disinterested in like Cane (how is he still on this show? That said oh man do I wish Dru was still around so she could see her grandkids calling Jill grandma) and Lily.

• Members

I saw a comment about people (critics) complaining about the pace being slow.  Well - I say, welcome to the way Y&R when it was good.  I can take some slow pace day to day, if the writing is good.  It's called building characters, their motivations, etc.  I'll take that over fast moving nothing-ness.  They will need to find a happy medium because I think people don't appreciate how long it used to take to build decent stories....it's why my Mom and Granny called them "the stories" because they were.  We won't ever get back there, but things can slow down and be better.  I like what I'm seeing so far.  I want to see what the new powers-that-be choose to focus on, and I'm willing to give it a month or so for some other stories to develop...Physical Therapist for Cane - you can already see something going on there.  I don't want things like that to be so obvious though.  I actually would like to see a Mariah/Devon pairing happen.  It did make me laugh today when Devon had the bang session with 'her with the vaginal teeth'...and then reminded her she was still fired.  LOL. 

Pleasantly surprised so far.  I'd like to see the ratings drops stop, and get some small gains.  I think it would shock some people that maybe the way to get ratings isn't some stupid plot, or a show that spends 30 seconds on scenes between characters flipping and flopping from scene to scene as fast as you can.  After Y&R that I grew up with, that's what the show seemed like when I started watching again 3 years ago.  And the bonus for me - I still will watch B&B maybe 5 minutes a day.  If the writing on Y&R pulls through - it will make B&B look even worse, and it's already horrible.  The writing and plotting are just abyssville. 

• Members

This Ashley shít from yesterday is damn good. I talked about it on the first day and others more informed have as well, but it really not only speaks to longtime viewers craving the show's history but most importantly educates newer viewers or casual ones like me about this character stuff, specific character underpinnings and motives, and thematic stuff based in deep history. You need to do that shít with as major a refocus as this, the same way AMC and OLTL sometimes needed to reeducate people on their shows' histories.

• Members

Okay. So I had my doubts about SS being able to make any of this GC Buzz stuff interesting but after today CDN episode I'm so [!@#$%^&*] impressed. I just about fell off my chair by the end of the episode. That should have been Fridays cliffhanger.

The Hilary and Mariah rivalry is going to soar, I can already feel it. I'm not gonna spoil anything but all I'll say is that Fridays episode and it's boringness will all come together by Monday and I think most people will approve!

I think I actually liked this episode better than the first two to be honest. Chelsea, Chloe and Mariah all looked glam on the set of GC buzz. Chloe and Chelsea are supposed to be fashion designers right? Well they finally looked the part. Something about the set doesn't feel as plasticky anymore.

Idk how they did it but it feels like they took Pratts [!@#$%^&*] and turned it into gold. 

• Members

Hopefully once Hillary moves on from CG Buzz, she and Devon can strongarm a way for her to get into Chancellor Industries. Devon's $$ helped Jill grab CI from Victor's grasp, so I wouldn't be surprised if Devon calls in that favor- that's what ought to happen anyway.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived