Y&R December Spoilers

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This could be a really good storyline. 

If Hilary gets  $500M from her divorce from Devon, why does she need to go under Jabot for a men's line? Wouldn't it make more sense for her to launch it on her own and sell it at Fenmore's. that could be a great tie in with Lauren and Fenmore needing it cause of the financial trouble. 

I know you guys like the Hilary and Jill interaction but I'm not impressed. Chelsea is already a designer. it's time to focus on building for the future. to that end, it makes more sense to pit Hilary vs Chelsea in the fashion world. But tbh, I'd rather see that role given to lily instead of hilary if the show wants to go there with rival fashion houses  

I guess I see getting money as the entire point of social climbing. if you've got half a billion in the bank then what's the point of marrying for money? 

• Members

It depends on how much she gets in the divorce settlement.

Jill got a TON of money in her first divorce from John but still felt (and was treated like) the underdog in business & her social circles which allowed her to keep her position as a social climbing vixen vs. becoming a Lady Of The Manor like Nikki did after she divorced Victor.

A better story for Hevon though is to slowly reintroduce the rest of the existing Chancellors to the canvas and have Devon happily share his wealth & influence with them (which would be a VERY Devon thing to do) which would cause friction with Hillary who would rather him apply his/their money to business interests/philanthropic causes she prefers.

That way you give them a genuine IN CHARACTER conflict that allows Hillary to still be somewhat selfish without being irredeemable and Devon to be warmhearted without being foolish (the bulk of their money would still be largely kept IN the family).

• Members

That would be in character. but I can't see it going that route. they'll duke it out in court and a rivalry will ensue...that's if they allow Devon to interact with that family. 

I'm getting a good feeling about whatever they'll do. Mishael Morgan just posted a podcast interview she did where she says that the new regime really likes her character and thosee higher up have been pushing for Hilary and Devon to have bigger roles on the show. So we should see that and them more and more with Sally/Kay/Mal team. I think they'll give her character more layers. she spoke about recently filming very emotional scenes where she had to cry. 

• Members

Cane's affliction?  My God his story has been so stupid.  You'd think he had a heart transplant not an ACL replacement.  Having had one myself - this has been done really really REALLY badly.  You'd think he's a complete cripple.

• Members

You're correct. so have I. But, I don't think things can get worse for either unless they make them murderers or something. there is no where to go from here but up.

Their airtime has already picked up quite a bit and they've taken them  out of Neil's orbit. Both pluses. All they need now is better writing. 

• Members

maybe, this is how they're gonna 'fix' Devon? I think the HW said something about it being dumb how he's Katherine's grandson/super rich. Maybe, Hilary takes him to the cleaners and Devon goes back to basics... and Hilary will be the new big dog on the scene...

• Members

I can see Sally taking Devon's inheritance from him because certain viewers find it "distasteful" that he's related to Katherine at all.

I doubt she would take it from him just to give it to Hilary though. (Jill would probably be the main beneficiary).

Archived