How about JFP as EP of DAYS?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"While Phelps served as executive producer at Another World, the creation of an updated, dynamic opening sequence and refreshed sets, along with casting and other changes, were credited with ratings improving in the key demographic of women 18-49 by 34%.[6] " a direct quote under Wikipedia's JFP page....hmm...that sound bite sounds familiar...again....

JFP ruined AW and AW was my show. I lived and breathed that show. Yes, the show had its problems before she got there with constant behind the scenes changes that never allowed for a consistent vision but her coming aboard and the killing of Ryan and Frankie were SENSELESS! You do not improve ratings in the long-term by pissing off the huge fan bases of two popular couples like Cass and Frankie and Vicky and Ryan. A bump in the ratings? Sure, maybe for a couple of weeks as viewers watch through their fingers with a hand over their eyes like you do a train wreck that tears apart their favorite couples but then when the smoke clears you stop watching and forget all about the train. Would Paulina still have been killed off so brutally if it had been her? (as it was suggested a focus group changed that...wonder why?) If she wanted to "free up Cass" to his playboy ways or whatever, then fine, break them up. Instead, have his manic depression cause so much of a rift that Frankie can't handle it anymore and separate them. She then has to watch him flirt, do his playboy thing with other women around town and address that. Cass is single and Frankie still gets story. If it is a "budget" reason to drop someone then how come Robert Kelker-Kelly came on at the same time? He couldn't have been too cheap. The twist of Ryan being his enemy's son was a complete copy-cat of Felicia learning that Lorna was her daughter. Been there. Done that. BUT if you are going to do that story and then link Ryan to Carl why then just kill him off after? Makes no sense. There was plenty of conflict to bring up with others. Would Donna really keep approving of her daughter being with Carl's son? Would Marley want Vicky involved with Carl's son after what she experienced first hand by him? The conflict between Grant and Ryan could have been deepened with the reveal they have different fathers. 

The new opening and "NYPD BLUE" style didn't bother me that much. AW was a bit too "stuffy" at the time compared to a lot on tv and needed to evolve. However, there "E.R." wanna be scenes that first ep was cheesy. If you want to emulate a style then at least do it well! It looked like bad GL Peapack days. 

Sorry for going on. I want DAYS to be "shaken up" and to succeed more than many but I do not want JFP anywhere near the show. I think she spins her lies everywhere and says one thing at the time she makes a decision and then says something else about it later. Can't trust her. 

• Members

Yes, Johnny - Jill would do wonderful things at DAYS....with umbrella storylines until it's cancelled.   Then she can go back to General Hospital next.  It would be fabulous.  Great umbrella storylines with Faison, and then maybe she can resurrect Anna Lee who she fired.  She'll do wonderful things. 

Archived