How about JFP as EP of DAYS?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's just review her work.  It seems to me somewhere mid GL tenure her worst traits took hold and stayed.  Yes she recognized Viki and Nora had worth as leads on OLTL again, but it was the last time I can think of her supporting and pursuing a place for a woman over 40.  

She consistently brings on non fan favorite talent from her other jobs and shoves them down the viewers throats.

She let Guza destroy GH.  I know Frons liked him, and that he had an EP credit so presumably had some power there.  But she played a part by not having a vision beyond the next week.  Alan Q should have been there.  Emily should still be alive.  Justus.  Georgie should still be alive.  I always complain about the loss of Dillon, Georgie, Cooper, Logan, Lulu.  That core group of characters are better than all the early 20's age range groups they have tried since.  That group could have built the foundation for the next era of the show.

JFP is the McTavish of EP's.  Your ratings get a jolt for about 3 months.  Then two years later they need to be fired for too many newbies, crappy stories, and decimated ratings and canvas.

• Members

Please let's not.  Her run at GL - I'll never forget some comment she made about how Maureen's death - the effects would be long-lasting and kick off major stories that would take the show to new heights.  Well - the effects of Maureen's death was definitely long lasting but it kicked off almost zero stories.  The main story was her death and it gave Ellen Parker (Maureen) great material, and Tina Sloan (Lillian) leading up to it...and even Rachel Miner (Michelle).  But I can't remember a single worthwhile story her death "kicked off".  I just don't think the show ever recovered....it really dismantled what was left of the Bauers. 

• Members

I agree. Killing off Maureen, the matriarch and heart of the Bauer family, really was the show's fatal blow. The series staggered along for years after her death, but it was never the same. We were lucky to get Mary Stuart as Meta for a while, but even that was not enough.

• Members

Letting Beverlee quit (she absolutely could have stopped that), letting Maureen be killed, and losing Sherry Stringfield was a huge blow in that one year period.  Even if she could not have stopped Beverlee, or Sherry, she did approve the recasts which IMO were not great.

Archived