Florence Henderson passes on at 82

ReddFoxx

• Members

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/breaking/ct-florence-henderson-dead-20161125-story.html

She died surrounded by family and friends, her manager, Kayla Pressman, said in a statement late Thursday.

Millions loved, and kept on loving, the innocent sitcom about a blended family. "The Brady Bunch," first aired in 1969, returned to television in various forms again and again, including "The Brady Bunch Hour" in 1977, "The Brady Brides" in 1981 and "The Bradys" in 1990. It was also seen endlessly in reruns.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man...this one really hurts. I'm so thankful to be a part of that last generation to grow up on reruns of TBB. I'm consistently shocked when I throw a random reference to the show out there with my high school students, and they have no clue what I'm talking about - they don't know the theme song or opening credits, they don't know "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia," they don't even know the characters' names, etc. FH was every kid's mom for a good 30 years or so.

I love that she always participated enthusiastically in BB projects and embraced her status as one of THE quintessential moms of television. Then, in recent decades, she got to be more of herself in various appearances while playing with yet still respecting her BB fame. She was one of the greats and will be terribly missed.

• Members

Oddly appropriate that she passed away on Thanksgiving, given the years she was, in some way, America's mother. 

She always seemed so youthful and energetic it's hard to believe she was 82. 

I got sick of the show and the whole Brady motif (which mostly seemed to involve tedious stories about who did or didn't have sex or about their myriad substance abuse issues) in later years, but as a kid I really loved the show and I watched the reruns on TBS more times than I can count. 

I guess if she was going to go 2016 was the year. 

Rest in peace. 

• Members

I am heartbroken.  Wasn't she on Dancing With The Stars just a few weeks ago?   This is so sudden and a shock.

I love all things Brady and my alltime favorite scene was when Bobby was going to run away because he thought step-children weren't wanted, so Carol does the Brady thing and decides to run away with him, telling him the only steps in their house were the ones leading up to his bedroom.   It could put a lump in your throat and I wish the Brady Bunch was on YT now so i could watch it, but they police it.    It's sad now, all three adults are gone, and it really brings home how time flies.

RIP to a lovely lady.

Archived