Family (1976-1980)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You're welcome. Gary and his wife, Carroll Newman (one of Family's producers) recently celebrated 41 years of marriage. 

The most recent thing I saw Kristy McNichol in was the Love Boat Reunion. The main cast and a plethora of its guest stars (including, of course, Charo) gathered for the 50th anniversary of Princess Cruises in 2014. Here is Kristy with Rich Little and Lee Meriwether:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

I saw the Love Boat Reunion too and she seemed to be at peace. She also does fan conventions now and signs autographs. There are videos of her from those on youtube. Speaking of Family, I recently watched the David Jacobs interview at the Archive of American Television and he talks about writing for Family. It was his first big job. He said while working on that he was approached by Lorimar to do Pilot script and he came up with Dallas in December 1977. He then talks about on his break from Family having to go to Dallas in the middle of a bad winter in February 1978 and being in a flea bag motel doing rewrites on a daily basis to make things come together and going to the set. He said he had written the Dallas script to take place in warm weather, but didn't have time to change everything to adapt the unexpected snow. Which explains Bobby and Pam in the open convertible. He said his favorite episode of the mini series was The Barbecue.He felt episode two Lucy's Lesson was a mess. 

• Members

"Jumping the shark now...UGH!"

Along with the astonishingly good Family miniature set he produced, the same artist has pictures and videos of many other TV-themed sets on his blog. Happy Days, I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch, Friends, even Y&R are there.

Willie was very cute, but truth be told, I always had the hots for bad boy Jeff Maitland.

Please register in order to view this content